Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I have a red one about like that, I would have to say yours is nicer though.

Default Great job you did

Gary, I've not seen the professionals in my area do any better. Superb job!
    Is that a miller Blue? I've not found any paint to match Miller's.
    Bobby

ajcalla Guest

Default Flag Fire Water Bottles

I notice you have Flag Fire water extinguishers.
    This may not apply to you or you may already know this.
    There has been a recall on Flag Fire Water extinguishers purchased between 2003 and 2005. See link http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07507.html
    Really nice trailer also.

Thumbs up

Very nice Job, I make my living fabricating custom projects and I must say yours looks very nice. I can't say i've ever had the pleasure of building a welding trailer but I have built my share of custom trailers. If I may, I will post a pic of a blue trailer I built.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Copies of plans

Gary-
    Please email your cad copies plus cg calcs. Thanks much in advance.
    stingmcb@bellsouth.net
    Gary McBride

Quote Originally Posted by garybdavis View Post
    The hitch on the back is for towing another trailer or mounting a vice. I put a connector back there for hooking up trailer lights just in case I take it on the road with another trailer hooked up. Most likely, this would be my trailer mounted Ingersol Rand air compressor for arcair applications.

I did a scaled CAD layout complete with dimensions before I started construction. I also did front-to-rear center of gravity calculations to insure the tongue weight would be balanced. If anyone wants copies, email me and I'll send them to you. The CAD will be in PDF format so you wonít need special software to view them. The center of gravity calculations are in an Excel spreadsheet.

Davis.garyb<at>gmail.comxx is my address. Youíll have to insert the @ symbol in the proper place and remove the xx. I write it like this to keep the computer trolls from pulling it off this forum and adding it to their spam list.

There are eight-ways-to-Sunday to lay out a welding trailer. This one doesnít have it all, but I like itís simplicity. It rarely leaves the farm and will spend most of its working life welding fence bracing, corrals, etc.

BTW, Thanks for all the kind compliments.
    Sting

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by garybdavis View Post
    I hope I haven't led anyone astray, but I'm what you guys would call a hobby welder. I do a lot of fence work around the farm and that's what I built this rig for. I know I couldn't justify the expense, but nice tools and equipment is my one vice. If I were making a living, I'd probably get a dedicated truck and outfit it.

This leads to question. How many welders that make their living from it use a trailer set up verses a truck rig?
    I like the trailer idea way better however if you ever drop your trailer in town you should have a trailer wheel boot so nobody can hookup and take off.
    there is no such thing as I will only be a few minutes my stuff should be okay
    I'm only getting a coffee.

Cool Trailer plans

Gary I tryed to e-mail you about your plans. But your Email address is no good. You did a really great gob with your trailer and would love to get a copy of your plans. Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Give me your email address and I'll get them sent to you.
    Millermatic 35
    Miller TB302G
    Ellis 1800
    Smith & Victor Torches
    Optrel Satellite
    Arcair K4000
    Ingersoll-Rand 175CFM Diesel Air Compressor
    Home Made Welding Trailer

Default Plans

Gary,

Absolutely love the trailer. I am looking to build something similar for my AEAD 200 LE. I will email for the plans.

Thanks,

Jason
    Millermatic 210
    Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme
    Miller AEAD 200 LE

Default trailer plans

e-mail to jamilone@alltel.net

Thanks