Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I really like the trailer, very clean. What size channel (size/weight) did you use, and is the star near the tongue cast iron? Did you weld it on or braze it?

Gary,

Nice attention to detail, has usual....

Pete

wow just dosent cover it. you should get many years of great use out of it.i can only imagin how pleased you must be with it.it's got to be great to have your stuff set up just the way you want it.
    also realy pleased to see you put safty high on your priority list with all the fire equipment right up front for easy access.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

gary'
    very very nice trailer!Now I must go use some of your ideas for my truck.It never ends,always finding some little thing that I can tweak.Ideas like those posted on this board keep use "updating" all the time.

The stars are "grey cast" and are welded on from the rear side. I drilled holes in the channel behind the stars and went at it with the MM35.

The frame and tongue for the trailer is 4x5.4 channel. The cross supports are 3x4.1 channel.

Default Excellent Project

Gary that is an excellent project, great design and the implementation, craftsmanship and detail is outstanding. About the best I've seen. The documentation and pictures are top notch too.
    Harold

Default nice work

GREAT JOB ,As for making a living welding from the trailer,it would never work for me i have to carry way too much stuff.my rig is loaded clamps,porta power ,feeder,air tools,rod,rigging,hand tools,hammers,power tools.creeper,jack stands,tri-pod,floor jack you get the point.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Gary,
    I gotta say that your trailer is a beutifull piece of work. I'm sure it's really something to see in person. I have been thinking about building one also. I just don't have room on my truck for all the tools and welding equipment.I did like Jim's input. He made some good points.
    Nice job,
    Bulldog
    5 Passport Pluses
    2 MM 212's
    MM 210
    MM 251 MIA
    MM 350 P w/Python
    Syncrowave 250
    w/ tig runner
    Trailblazer 302
    12RC w/meters
    Spectrum 1000
    Spectrum 2050
    2 Black BWEs
    Joker BWE
    Star & stripe BWE Digital
    2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
    CUMMINS BABY

this trailer is awsome.is gary still on here because i want to copy this trailer in a lot of ways.i would also like to get some measurements on a couple things with trailer.very nice work

Quote Originally Posted by weldingrod View Post
    this trailer is awsome.is gary still on here because i want to copy this trailer in a lot of ways.i would also like to get some measurements on a couple things with trailer.very nice work
    Thanks for bringing this up Weldingrod, I don't know how I missed this one. Great looking trailer. He is still on the member list so maybe you can e-mail him.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron