Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bbseay, no offense but how about a little more about you or your credentials? Your only posts here and at Hobart are pushing chinese stuff. By the way that Riland site is horrible to navigate. where is the info about how much bigger riland is than Lincoln or Miller? I find that hard to believe, unless they are the ones making all the chinese units and painting the sheetmetal differnt colors.

[QUOTE=bbseay]The sad thing is 75% or more of the parts in a Dynasty come from china, ...
    ...By the way Riland is 2x larger than Lincoln and Miller combined, as far as volume of units sold. www.riland.com.cn
    QUOTE]

Bullsh!t and Bullsh!t, I say.

Nice claims; too bad they are not true. Before you start throwing out bad info (on a Miller site, nonetheless), you should do your homework.

That Riland web site looks like it was translated by one of those $1 per day 12-year olds working in the factory. If you scan the pseudo-English info on "about us" you'll see that they proudly proclaim that someone else manufactures their products. Good looking products, by the way. If you like junk.

JD

Default bbseay

your just blowing a lot of hot air. and personaly i think if that is all you have to offer, you should go offer it elsware.
    i feel sorry for any one who falls for your line of crap, and buy's one of theous. that is if they could even find a place to buy it from here in the U.S.

it's one thing to offer input on another brand here but you are just spewing poo. if you want to be taken sereously you better come up with a bit more info than that line you got now. so show us you are not full of it . lets see some distribution sites, repare facilitys and atleast some data sheets that actualy give you some data. from what you have shown we might as well just go out back and light oure $$$ on fire. i supoe you expect me to just maile my $$$ off to some site that looks like my 6 year old made it. i think i'll pass.have you ever even tryed to weld with one of thease, or did you just find a way to make some $$$ pushing junk??? you got a closet full of thease things you bought for $50.00 each hopeing to get rich screwing hard working people by convincing them to buy your poo??

The sad thing is 75% or more of the parts in a Dynasty come from china
    where's your sorce for that. you just spewing more poo, i supose you got a guy on th inside with all the facts right.

dude go home and dont come back.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

compass_1961 Guest

Default 75%??

As a employee for Miller -TIG I can say that our products and there componets are NOT made in china. The majority of the assemblies/sub assemblies, parts are manufactured in the Mid West. The remaining are within the US.

How do I know? I design them.

The majority of the assemblies/sub assemblies, parts are manufactured in the Mid West. The remaining are within the US.

booooo yaaaaa!!!!! thats what im talkin bout.
    thank you verry much.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Component Sourcing

Compass,

Would you mind sharing where you source the electronics in modern inverter units such as the MaxStar or Dynasty?

Outside of TI and a couple of other plants, there are very few semiconductor manufacturers in the US, at least for commodity parts like microprocessors and memory.

Seems like to me there are some specialized high-current devices as well as a rash of completely ordinary parts that are surely sourced outside the USA simply becaue they are so commodity we don't make them here anymore.

Also interesting in a "percent of parts" discussion would be a value component. For example, I don't really care if a manufacturer sources 2,000 resistors at 2c a piece for a device that sells for $5,000 when the other 15 parts that make up the unit are the real value. Sure, 99% of the parts might come from china, but 99% of the value comes from the US...

I'm not trying to bust chops here-- I'm looking for facts. I have a lot of respect for miller's products regardless of where they are made. The Dynasty and Spectrum machines I own are 1st quality, and I'm a very happy customer.
    BigDTig, Dallas, Texas
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Coolmate III Cooler
    Miller Spectrum 125C
    Ellis 1600 Band Saw
    Ellis 9400 Drill Press

Quote Originally Posted by joebass
    Bbseay, no offense but how about a little more about you or your credentials? Your only posts here and at Hobart are pushing chinese stuff. By the way that Riland site is horrible to navigate. where is the info about how much bigger riland is than Lincoln or Miller? I find that hard to believe, unless they are the ones making all the chinese units and painting the sheetmetal differnt colors.
    Never have tried to sell anything (Push Stuff). I think Miller makes great machines. I am not Chinese, and do not want to be one. Miller does larger dollar figures,if you sell 2 welders for the for every 1 of miller or lincoln you are larger in units sold.

There will be a new Chinese car company coming to America in the next 1-2 years. It promises to be as large as Toyota and Nissan. Chinese marketshare in America is growing daily. Start looking on the things you purchase. Not very many Chinese manufactures if any use child labor, maybe 10-20 years ago, but times are changing.

About the lazy thing maybe it is not laziness but the attitude that the man owes you something, and if you don't give me what you owe me, I will go on strike, When workers are bankrupting a company like some of the larger car manufacturers, they work 6 hours and get paid for 8 , that seems like a dream come true. If I work for 6 hours I get paid for 6 hours. If a man works 6 hours he shoud get paid 6 hours and not be owed anything else.

When people won't work because their government check is larger that what they can earn on a job that starts you out with a small wage and increase your wages as you show yourself worthy and faithful to your employer, that is laziness. There are millions of people like that here in America.

I am in the manufacturing business, and study market trends, and by no means know everything.

I find it VERY hard to believe they sell more welders than Lincoln or Miller. look at all the heavy industry and construction in North America alone. I have worked in GM factory. All the welders were Miller. Most engine drives in this continent are Lincoln or Miller, with a few of the other companys. Lots of big companys still buying and using heavy industrial transormer machines, that are not Riland also. Plus the fact that Lincoln and Miller were around when all the chinese were doing was farming rice. You are full of it! How come you have no answer to the bull that the guy from Miller TIG proved you wrong about? .........By the way I searched your posts on both these boards and you have only pushed these machines! Still waiting for someone to prove that Riland is any different than Harbor Freight crap.

Quote Originally Posted by bbseay
    Miller does larger dollar figures,if you sell 2 welders for the for every 1 of miller or lincoln you are larger in units sold.
    If you are suggesting that Riland sells 2 welders for every welder sold by Miller, I would be interested in seeing the source of your information. If you are basing your statement on reliable, factual information, it is worthwhile to the conversation. If you don't have a credible source to share with us, its all just hot air.

JD

Its obvious that stuff made in china can't be compared to usa or north american made products. I think the main reason that GM is not doing very well is because toyota makes a very good product and people are seeing that toyota's product is more durable and is more percise.

this is just my opinion