Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Unhappy Apology- Homemade Tubing Bender Post

Offering my apologies for anyone I may have offended on this forum with my comment about the winners of the project contest. I was only reflecting the many similar responses, as well as my own feelings, seen on many welding forums for more originality and/or sophistication for future project plans,

Humbly,
    Ric G.

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Rick, everyone says something that another person might find offensive. Mind you everyone will most always have soemthing different to saya bout a design or how well it is build, These guys are a good group they have given me advice on almost everything I have ever wondered. I am sure they are all very forgiving people that are willing to help you out in anyway they can.

Quote Originally Posted by rixtrix1 View Post
    the project contest.
    (
    I'm almost as new to this arena as you, but what is this "project contest" and where do you find out about it?

I'm not interested in submitting any projects; my welding ability is nowhere near ready for "prime time", but I'd like to see the submissions. Always looking for ideas that I can (mis) appropriate.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS

Quote Originally Posted by TomVeatch View Post
    I'm almost as new to this arena as you, but what is this "project contest" and where do you find out about it?

I'm not interested in submitting any projects; my welding ability is nowhere near ready for "prime time", but I'd like to see the submissions. Always looking for ideas that I can (mis) appropriate.
    At the top of this page, click on the "Project Plans" button and the "Idea Gallery" button for all kinds of projects.
    Lincoln Tombstone 180 AC
    Hobart Handler 120
    Millermatic 210
    Old Harris O/A setup
    Victor SuperRange II on propane
    Hypertherm Powermax 380
    Ryobi 14" chop saw
    Milwaukee Sawzall
    A bunch of grinders
    A lotta other tools

Check out my website at: Ed Eldridge's Race Page

http://www.millerwelds.com/education/projects/mboard/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1518&dateline=1167491  754

Quote Originally Posted by TomVeatch View Post

Click on the Project Plans button, they are in there. Lots of interesting projects IMO, in fact I am going to build the portable weld table from the plans listed there.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Default Criticism is good

Quote Originally Posted by rixtrix1 View Post
    Offering my apologies for anyone I may have offended on this forum with my comment about the winners of the project contest. I was only reflecting the many similar responses, as well as my own feelings, seen on many welding forums for more originality and/or sophistication for future project plans,

Humbly,
    Ric G.
    Don't worry, submitting a tubing bender is like submitting the wheel. The miter saw support....that was a good one.
    Matt Adams A&P, IA
    Trailblazer 302
    Dialarc HF