Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Get new toy today

I'm going to Woodward today to pick up the new Trailblazer. The sad thing is that I don't even get to use it now. Dad is coming down to get it for a couple weeks to use the generator while they are out of power. His 200LE (also a 79, about 400 units apart from mine) put out a power surge the other day and fried the refrigerator, so I told him he could use the new machine until they get power restored.

Bryce
    BB Farm Supply
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC

Quote Originally Posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
    thats crappy, I find it really weird when people use my new tools before I get to even try it out. But just think when you fget to use it for the first time.
    How is it "crappy" to help your Dad?
    Last edited by Frank865; 01-03-2007 at 07:56 PM.

Hey Bryce,

sorry to hear about your dad's equipment going down. Our Disaster Relief group out of OKC sent several gensets out to run a church where they were set up doing emergency feeding operations because all of the commercial grid power was gone. I'm not exactly sure which town they are in, but it's somewhere NW. Our director sent out an email and made the comment that we even sent a few chainsaw guys out because some of the only trees there fell in the parking lot.....welcome to OK, huh? SSS

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

NO no no, your misunderstanding what I ment. I dont mean thats crappy that your helping your dad. I mean its crappy that yourr dads generator broke down.
    And the waste 10 seconds of your time thing is just for the signature. not my post.
    Also it is the way I am with my tools I do find it really weird when people get to use my things before I do its jsut the way I feel about things. Not trying to be rude or anything.
    Before I posted it I should have made what i said more clear. I appologise for that mistake. Trust me if I would have known how that might sound like I wouldent have posted it. I will start using more punctuation so this wont happen again.
    Last edited by youngwelder_154; 01-03-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Bryce,

While I'm thinking about it (obviously, I wasn't earlier) If you or someone you know well is in dire need of power, my Bobcat is trailer mounted and I'd be willing to let it be used as a power source if needed. Just let me know and maybe we could meet half way somewhere. SSS

Thanks for the offer Steve, but I think we've got it under control. We've got power here in Shattuck. Dad is using the Trailblazer, and my buddy DeWayne borrowed my LE (since it was in his shop while he's working on the truck body). I can't think of anyone else that is desperately in need of power right now, but thanks anyway. I'm glad to know that there are a few guys left that will do anything to help a fellow man in need out. Thanks again and God Bless You!

Bryce
    BB Farm Supply
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC

with the trailblazer having the dual generator you can still play with it without loosing any power to the fridge.
    have fun.

the last welder i bought ended up in my dad's shop for about 3 months before it made it to my house. he's a smooth old fart.

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Talking about trailblazers etc. There are a couple welders in the back outside of my shop well more like eight of them, a eprson I was working with said there wouldent be much to fix them I was thinking of trying to get a truck and picking one up at night whent he shops closed. I wouldent say tis stealing because its in the back of a junk pile right. It wouldent be to bad if I got promission ether. I could do some work at home if I needed to and make some extra money. But I dont think it woudl be a very good idea to do that. In the news paper there is another welder with a trailor with it for $1500 I think that might be a little cheap for a welder but I could be wrong, would a welder like that be bad to have just left outside covered we bairly had any snow this year.

Quote Originally Posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
    I was thinking of trying to get a truck and picking one up at night whent he shops closed. I wouldent say tis stealing because its in the back of a junk pile right. It wouldent be to bad if I got promission ether.
    Get permission!

If they are truly considered junk, there should be no problem getting permission to pick up one. Otherwise, you open yourself to prosecution for theft. If you are an employee of the shop, at the very least, you place yourself in danger of being terminated for cause.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS

If you do not have permission, it is theft and trespassing. At my shop, you would also need to be faster than the lead that was screaming at you.

Very bad idea without permission, dude......very.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC