Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thumbs up I got it working now very well

you cant run a powcon starcut from an aerowave i tried my powermig 300 and it ran it fine . i did order a new torch though from weldmart online as they are cheap at only 325 . Im happy i got a unit that works well i dont mind replacing the torch head as it was well used and abused and goes through the tips to quickly .
    Miller aerowave full feature
    Lincoln power mig 300 with prince gun
    dynasty 200 dx
    lincoln sp 135 plus
    302 trailblazer
    s22p12
    powcon starcut
    cp 400 metal spray

Glad you got that all ironed out. I think the biggest wear an tear on those consumables is not having 100% dry air running through your machine, something you might want to look into.

that part was handled . anyways in taking the machine apart on one of the circuit boards i did find a broken wire from a resistor to the fiberglass board i will get that fixed tomorrow as im a welder not a little solder guy lol. ps how do they solder those little wires in without burning the boards . looks like it just broke because of probably the machine getting moved around and dropped lots.
    Miller aerowave full feature
    Lincoln power mig 300 with prince gun
    dynasty 200 dx
    lincoln sp 135 plus
    302 trailblazer
    s22p12
    powcon starcut
    cp 400 metal spray

Quote Originally Posted by dandimand
    that part was handled . anyways in taking the machine apart on one of the circuit boards i did find a broken wire from a resistor to the fiberglass board i will get that fixed tomorrow as im a welder not a little solder guy lol. ps how do they solder those little wires in without burning the boards . looks like it just broke because of probably the machine getting moved around and dropped lots.
    Dan, if you bring it by tomorrow after lunch I can fix it up for you providing there is enough wire left on the resistor to work with. Feel free to give me a call on my cell and leave a message. Good to hear you got it working better on a different power source.

Today was a day for finishing the back bumper area and prepping the sides of the deck, tomorrow is strip rest of paint on cabinites and then apply rustconverter, and hopefully bondo the pitted spots in the evening, paint will go on wednesday morning fingers crossed.