Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thumbs up to my local gas welding store

I normally would not make a post like this, but after the service I got today I have to.

Went into to get some filler rod and the guy I know was working. Besides giving me more filler rod then I asked for, for a great price.

We also talked about my gas regulator problem (that some of you might remember) . He said it was normal, we also got into talking about how when you learn to weld (this case tig ) its not cheap, specially when you are practicing and not making money off of it. He told me to come with the bottle once its empty, and he would give me a great discount on gas so I can mess around with the welder.

Then to top it off, we got into glass lenses, and he came back with a big esab catalog that sales reps get, he gave it to me as a guide to help me pick out gas lenses and cups.

The store is Mitler in Chicago ridge, and I recommend going there when a guy named Adam is working.

That's where I go - best deal on gas in the area, and very nice people to work with. I got my tank there, and will definitely get other stuff through them also. Very pleased!
    --Bob
    miller 210, w/spoolgn,.030 solid-core with 120cf C25 gas. Grinders, hf bender. speedgls 9002x helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_s2
    That's where I go - best deal on gas in the area, and very nice people to work with. I got my tank there, and will definitely get other stuff through them also. Very pleased!
    --Bob
    I only like to go there when the guy that knows me is working.

Quote Originally Posted by 90blackcrx
    I only like to go there when the guy that knows me is working.
    Keep going in, mention that "Joe" usually takes care of you. Soon they will all know you.

I'm with Cope.

Yak it up. "Where's Adam? That guy on vacation again?" Stuff like that. Be friendly. Don't BS. Pretty soon, guys are sayin' "Hey, Bob! Where ya been?"

It works.

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

The guy knows that treating you right now will pay dividends in the long future of your welding career, because you'll use him for all your consumable purchases and gas and tell your friends. Which you have by the way.

Good job,

Quote Originally Posted by bob_s2
    --Bob
    **** Bob. you drive all this way just to get gas . nothing out there by you ? that mittler place is real close to me.

Yep, be nice to them. **** near all the sales people know me by name and I don't pay what they have stuff marked at.

As well as I can remember, I have been treated well at all the local suppliers I have used over the past 35 years. I have either gotten a salesman who was a weldor himself, or just got a friendly salesman.

Good to hear some positive stuff about us local distributors, I am a one man shop so I get to know my customers very good most by first name basis and I treat them as I would want to be treated and serviced and they keep coming back