Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air hose reel

Default Air hose reel

What are you guys doing about air hoses ? I have a 50ft one and I hate bringing it out cause then I have wrap it back up

Some of the hose reels are just way to much money for what I'm looking to spend. ($50)

So do you guys have any better links then the ones I have, or have you made something ? ( pics please )

Wonder if a garden hose reel would work ?

here are some from Northern Tool, you could buy 2 of the hand crank ones with a $50 budget
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...atchallpartial
    The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

If you want to reel the hose completely out and then make the connections, any reel will work. However if you only want to pull out 10' of 50', then you need a air hose reel that has an air feed through the central hub.

I bought one from Homier.com for $50 that has 50' of 3/8" hose included. It's a good deal and works nicely. They have manual reels for under $30. Just go to their site and search for "reel" and you'll see what they offer.

You should sign up on Hobarts forum if you have not already. That forum is geared more to general product discussion. This forum seems more on topic regarding welding and Miller equipment. You may find and also receive better answers on the Weld Talk board at http://www.hobartwelders.com
    David W.
    Machines: Millermatic Passport; Millermatic 350P, Dynasty 300DX TIGRunner, TD Cutmaster 51 Plasma, Hypertherm 190C Plasma,
    Machinery and Project Pictures: Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by tigman250
    here are some from Northern Tool, you could buy 2 of the hand crank ones with a $50 budget
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...atchallpartial
    How well do the crank ones work though ? I don't mind cranking, I just mind it falling apart.

Default Air hoses

Had the same dislike for 50 footers.........so I cut one up, a 5 Ft. and a 20 Ft and a 25 Ft and fitted new ends. Much of my work is next to the compressor so the Fiver stays on it. The others hang on a hook and can be added as needed. Don't have room to complicate things with a reel. That was my solution and it works (for me).

Maybe I will just get a smaller hose.

Default Air Hoses

Just another thought if you really want a reel. Have seen the quick disconnect connectors used as the swivel and you could fabricate the balance out of your junk box, I'm sure we all have those.

Here is the reel deal,,, Home Depot or TSC for the retracts, the steel one from HD, very quality. The Legacy is from Wal-Mart, very good 50' for 50$, I am going to get a couple more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the HD.

Here are a couple manuals