Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Welding Career Fields?

I am a High School Student that recently discovered the thrill of welding. I really enjoy it and I am starting to get pretty good at it. So I am considering going into welding as a career. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info on the different options I would have and the different areas I should explore.

Thanks, Matt Klug

construction.

production.

custom fab work.

artwork.

dawg

A good field to get into is "non-destructive testing", i.e. testing welds with x-rays, etc. Closely related to the welding trade, without all the smoke and dust . It pays well and it makes a good transition up the career ladder from actual welding yet very hands on and interesting.

are you enrolled in the boces program

Default Boces?

What exactly is the Boces program and how would I get enrolled in the program?

Wruck Guest

www.boilermakers.org check it out

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137