Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default shoe lace covers

i have seen some shoe lace covers arround they seem to be made of stainless at a glance, does anybody know what they are called or where i can pick up a set?
    The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Tig,
    I`ve seen those I belive they are called spats,would guess youre welding supply house should be able to get them from one of their safety suppliers.I made my own set of lace covers out of leather from an old set of sleeves.Just cut them so they go from just above youre pant cuff to over youre boot to above the sole,then cut two holes for the laces to go through and lace them up.By cutting them so they are above youre cuff they protect the laces from top to bottom. They work well and are very flexible so they don`t bother youre feet when you have to work from a crouched or kneeling position.Hope this helps some.

i made a set out of leather also and the heat made them curl up making them useless, mabey i just need to watch where i put my feet!

www.labsafety.com Tigman,
    Think I found what youre looking for.Bear with me as I`m not computer savey.Go to [url]www.labsafety.com[url] Do a search and type in Metatarsal Guards.I think this is what you might be looking for.They offer two types.A lace on part#13837 for$31.10 and a strapon part#13838 for$32.60.They are made of an aluminum alloy.Protects both laces and your foot with up to 75 lbs of impact protection. Plus they are padded to keep your boots looking like new.Let us know if this is what you were looking for and how they work if you get a pair.

it was all of 1/8" thick, it was from an old, old, OLD leather jacket

Hey tigman you and I just crossed paths on your last post.Go back one reply to my #6 post on this subject and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick rod
    Hey tigman you and I just crossed paths on your last post.Go back one reply to my #6 post on this subject and see what you think.
    thanks stick rod that's exactly what i'm looking for (the lace on) thanks for your help guys.

now tell me how to do those links.

http://www.labsafety.com/search/defa...&dept_id=10324

you mean like this?

when you find the page the item is on go up to the address bar with the http address in it, right click on it select copy, then go back to the page you are posting on and right click in the reply area select paste and you are done!! make sure you preview your post first to make sure it worked before you select submit.

Barry Milton

HTP Invertig 201
    HTP MIG2400

Miller Trailblazer 302, Spoolmatic 30A, Suitcase 12RC
    Clarke Hotshot