Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Old school HeliArc

I lerned heliarc not tig and now i have this new Dynasty 200DX thing that make the programing of the VCR childs play..

Any way A few things I don't get
    Lockout? why would I want to lockout the power switch?
    or lockout levels?

Second is the RMT (remote) STD (standard)buton amd the RMT 2T Hold?

Been reding the manual and I just don't get it.
    TJ______________________________________

Do they have a video to go with it? Call the tech support folks about getting some help.

Jerry

Default Sounds complicated....

Quote Originally Posted by Fat-Fab.com View Post
    I lerned heliarc not tig and now i have this new Dynasty 200DX thing that make the programing of the VCR childs play..

Any way A few things I don't get
    Lockout? why would I want to lockout the power switch?
    or lockout levels?

Second is the RMT (remote) STD (standard)buton amd the RMT 2T Hold?

Been reding the manual and I just don't get it.
    Sounds REALLY complicated. I love challenges. Maybe we should trade machines!
    Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
    Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
    Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
    CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
    Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

HELIARC is just another name for TIG as I understand.

I just recently hooked up my 300DX and read through the manual. The remote standard setting RMT or something like that, (not looking at my machine currently) is where you set the machine when you have a foot pedal. The RMT -2 and the other settings are for setting up the machine to run with an ON/OFF type remote for mimicing a pedal. I read about setting up the lockout, but not how to get past it once it's installed. When I turned my machine on for the first time it was automatically set up for ac welding at 200 amps, and away we welded.

yeah i think heliarc is just an old school name for tig welding becuz they used to use helium for the gas rather then argon, it burns a little hotter with helium from what i have learned

Heli-Arc was the trademark name that Linde sold their products under and is now the name that Esab uses legally...it is plain old tig. Just a term that old timers use like prestone or coke instead of the category..everybody does it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Heli-Arc was the trademark name that Linde sold their products under and is now the name that Esab uses legally...it is plain old tig. Just a term that old timers use like prestone or coke instead of the category..everybody does it somewhere.

Give that welder a prize!
    I have always called TIG Heli-Arc because of my father; he started welding in 1944 in a plant in Michigan making dies for stamping shell casings for large caliber artillery rounds.
    I started in 1978 using a Miller Gold Star, the old round top Heli Arc machine, using a Linde Heli-Arc torch.

I went back to my LWS Air Gas were I purchased my Dynasty and took a lesson from the local guru of welding. Now that I understand the symbols on the control panel I am very impressed with not only the capabilities, but the function of this little dynamo.

Twenty years a go I used a 110V tig machine made by Miller. It had the power of the Dynasty and no High Frequency and no AC. Boy aint progress great.

Tj
    TJ______________________________________

this is my first visit to your board. After 20 years of welding, I'm a welding student again at the local college in grayson county, texas and may have hints to pass along later. I bought my dynasty 200 dx for the size and portability because my old p&h was about the same size as my Jeep! Now, I'm having the same problems with my dynasty that I see on the board. I'm a simple soul and the bells and whistles on the dynasty are giving me a fit. can anybody give me base settings or parameter settings? thanks and happy new year from texas!