Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Question Custom cycle frames

I am new to the board and was wondering if anybody has some good prints for a custom motorcycle frame with a soft tail rearend. I can find several rigid plans but nothing with any kind of rear suspension.
    make it better

Sent you an email. Drawings too big to post.

Cool Thanks To makin sparks

Thanks for the plans. I was wondering what size tire I will be able to run with this swing arm, I am looking for plans that will allow me to run a large after market motor and at least a 200mm tire on the back bigger if possible. As I said before I am new to this whole frame thing. However I have a friend that has been welding dragster frames for about 15 years and is wanting to help me get my project started.

I would appreciate any help you have to offer

Thanks again

Vance
    AKA smokin_gloves
    make it better

Question

MS -

What type of frame is on your plans? I need to build a frame for an upcoming project, and have plans for several customs. I will have to make drawings of mine, as it will be for mating an engine and transmission that were from two different model bikes. But, it's always handy to compare what's out there.

Jack

Vance,

The drawings I sent are for a 180 tire. You just need to open up the dimension between the axle plates on the swingarm to accomodate the 200.

Default Chopper builing

If you don't already know about them you may want to check out these sites -

http://64.172.168.34/neatstuff/index.html

and

http://www.choppers101.com/