Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boots

Thumbs up Whites only

White Boot company of Spokane makes the best fit and durability period. I have two different size feet and they custom a fit that is better than any tennis shoe or slipper. Get the Smokejumper with the leather arch, available in rough out for ironworkers, also. Danners feel good but the upside down seam burns out where the White just run off the sparks. Expensive but rebuildable. I've only gone through two pair in 18 years. . .

Oh man, I have worn redwings but have lately found that the Rocky Brand are even more comfortable. Either way you can't go wrong!!

Talking Work Boots

I wear Bellville boots at workk pricey but comfortable. At home I wear Worx and Red Wing

this are like my cousin`s boots
    Attached Images Attached Images

Inferno Forge

Chris

These are my boots here. both Dakotas from mark's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

These are some weird lookin shoes, but they are the thing if you have to stand/walk on concrete all day.

Redwings here, must have had about 25 pairs over the years. although they are changing the styles now. Walk on concrete all day in them
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

I have been wearing Redwings for 20 years and have never had any complaints until recently. I order your standered steel toe high top boot, and it took over a month to get them. When I got them the padding around the akle was none exisitant. After about a month the leather streatched out so much that I can tighten up the lasses to the point where the two sides of the boot are up against each other and the boot is still loose. Years ago I strayed once from redwing and tried another band and went back to redwing never to look at another brand again. But after this last pair I really think it is time to check other brands.

danners work 4 me

Getting in on this thread late....
    Like Bart, I was a Red Wing fan for over 20 years. Here recently, I went to get a pair and noticed that some (apparently not all) of their boots are now Made in China!!!! I put em back in the box and said "no thanks". The sales guy recommended going with a pair of American-made DoubleH boots. Well, I'm not one for western boots all that much, but much to my surprise, they make a whole slew of workboots so I went with a pair Double H work boots...
    Talk about comfortable!!! And they're American-made!!! Good-bye to the chinese-made Red Wings!!!!!
    http://www.doublehboots.com/

MM210 w/3035 Spooler
    Stars & Stripes BWE signed by Andy

TA185TSW w/Miller Radiator 1
    Miller Spectrum 125C
    Victor O/A
    Parker Plasma 40