Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boots

Gosh Dang it- got to throw the wrench here. The best boot I ever had was a carolina, cant remember the boot number, but they are discontinued now, my buddy got me the last two pairs from the factory in my size. I have problems with steel toes on most boots. Even in a wide the toe tends to be to narrow, I ran a shovel dead center down my big toe when I was kid, then managed to break it twice in my adult life, got the nastiest toe on the beach. I was forced to find a new brand and went to doc martins, they are o.k. but not my carolinas ! I always have to have those steel toes that are big and square like clown shoes. Any suggestions ? I also always try to get black, you know, fashion statement.

I wear Red Wing, I used to wear the jack boots when I climbed telephone poles and now I wear steel toed hi tops.

Jerry

I prefer Red Wings, but I have a pair of military issue combat boots that some family in the National Guard gave me. They are super comfortable and very durable, but they do not have a steel toe, so i have to wear my Red Wings to the jobsite. I wear the combat boots everywhere else though.

Bryce
    BB Farm Supply

Quote Originally Posted by bbfarm View Post
    I prefer Red Wings, but I have a pair of military issue combat boots that some family in the National Guard gave me. They are super comfortable and very durable, but they do not have a steel toe, so i have to wear my Red Wings to the jobsite. I wear the combat boots everywhere else though.

Bryce
    BB Farm Supply
    I spent over 20 years wearing them dang combat boots. Ran, walked, eat, slept, jumped, fought wearing them dang things!

I kept one pair, the pairt that gots a couplea holes in them!

A 20% Off Coupon got me a pair of Red Wing Motorcycle boots and I've been hooked on them since.

Yeah a RED WING store is the only place to get them. ( maybe they sell them online but knowing how they do business I doubt it - they like doing business on a personal basis )

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    that are big and square like clown shoes. Any suggestions ? I also always try to get black, you know, fashion statement.
    Mine fall in that disciption, but mine are know discontinued now. Check a Red Wing store to see if they have something you like.

There's quite a few independent boot/hunting stores around here (W PA) that carry Redwing. Don't recall ever seeing a Redwing only store.

I've just changed to Red Wings this past year (slip-ons). They broke in fast, and are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. Also, they fit my orthotics well. I use the conditioner on them once a week, and they seem to be holding up better than other brands I've had over the years. Probably fifty percent of the guys I work with wear Red Wings, in a shop of over 130. I do find them a little cool to wear outside in -28c weather, if I'm not moving around much. The soles smell pretty bad when they melt on hot iron compared to other brands.

i gotta put in for justins. i work 55+ hrs a week on concrete and they do pretty good. i had some gortex wolvereens that weren't bad. doc martins are popular at my shop.

Just purchased a pair of Redwings a couple of weeks ago for $135. Spendy, but I am good for the next three years.
    I have worn RW for the last 45 years and there have been times that I have purchased other makes of boots but have always come back to RW's

This pair has a tag that says made in USA with inported materials. I don't believe that there is a tannery in the US any more.

Charlie
    Don't ask me to do a dam thing, I'm retired
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Linclon Idealarc sp 200
    Thermodyne Econo-pak50
    Victor O/A tourch.

Default boots

I wear Red wings,I have been using red wing boots for over
    20+ years.