Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boots

Default Boots

Hey guys,

What's the most popular boots used around your different shops? I am a boot fanatic. I wear steel-toed, 8 inch, water proof, leathers almost exclusively (work, at home, in the yard, to church, you name it). I guess I'm just posting this out of curiosity to see what is the most popular style and brand out in general use. Currently I wear a brand called Danners. VERY comfortable, but a little expensive. SSS

I like to wear Red Wings. They are very cofortable and very durable. They are also very expensive. (You get what you pay for)

Only 2 places were I cannot wear my RED WINGS.

In bed, and the shower.

I'm a motorcyclist who rides whenever he can, even now in December the bikes are fueled and ready to ride. Nothing more exhilerating than a sub-freezing temp ride, properly dressed of course.

In any case Red Wings has been earning my business for years. Expensive? Not really, oh sure the initial cash outlay may be higher than most but the TCO " Total Cost of Ownership " is less in my opinion.

They take care of you before, during and more importantly AFTER the sale!

My vote is for Red Wings!

The one thing I wish my Red Wings Had was insulation for the winter. They are so cold. I took my pair from my dad which he bought about 6 to 7 years ago and they just now showing signs of wear.

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

I'm not to sure what brand mine are but I got them at marks work wear house, There not that bad I like them very much but I want a better pair there a cheapy and what the guys at work say more dangerous then safe. I find the steel toe notgo back far enough liek the res tof them do. Thats why they said there a death trap
    Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan

I like justin boots light weight and soft sole.

Default These boots are made for workin'. And that's just......

what they'll do...(you have to hear the music in your head).

Red Wings all the way.

I think I'll add that to my profile.
    Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
    Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
    Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
    CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
    Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

'Nuther vote for Redwing here. I agree 100% with harcosparky on TCO. I spend less now on Redwings than I used to on cheaper boots.

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Just looking at different kinds of the Red Wing boots makes me scream I WANT THEM, I WANT THEM!!!!!! :P What are som stores they sell them at?
    Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan

The only places I've them at was Red Wing stores.