Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Lightbulb Plasmacam projects pictures

OK Bob,
    I think I have the uploading figured out now.
    So here are a few of my Plasmacam projects.
    I will take some of my Dynasty welds soon and post them so we can all get a good laugh...
    sstec
    Attached Images Attached Images

AWSOME...... nice work, plascam does nice work show more as you do them,Ive had a couple of my customers at times bring in some of there work for display in my welding supply store

two questions ...
    whats a plasmacam?

what thickness and metal are you using there?

nice work by the way
    MM210 w/3035
    Next up - Sync 200

Default 2 questions

SoCaTA,
    A Plasmacam is a cnc table that I have my miller 2050 and some times my 375, hooked upto and it will cut out parts and piecses.
    www.plasmacam.com
    Don't believe the videos they show on converting images to cut paths, very simple images in high resolution are easy , but the more detail the harder it gets. You need several different software apps to convert.
    Thickness.....
    The Buffalo is made with 1/2" HRS plate for the base, 3/16" HRS for the legs and body and 10 ga CRS for the head. He weighed in at little over 900 lbs.

The elk is made with 1/4" HRS plate for the base and 10 ga CRS for the rest.
    He weighed in at 275 lbs

Pheasant and Ram are 10 ga. CRS
    sstec

No kidding ... that is pretty cool ....

here I am thinking .. man that guy has one steady hand

Are those things expensive?
    MM210 w/3035
    Next up - Sync 200

Default cost.........

YEP.........
    By the time you get the table, plasma cutter, computer, drier, dust collection, additional software and all the other stuff you will be about 15 k lighter.......
    Got to sell at lot of stuff to cover your cost......
    sstec

Thanks for the pictures! Very Nice Work!

It's nice to see what the metal artists can come up with using the plasmacam type setup. The indian head that you posted in the other thread is super nice. Great details.
    Bob Sigmon
    A/O Setup with Meco Midget
    Miller Big Window Elite
    Quincy QT-5HD

Don't believe the videos they show on converting images to cut paths, very simple images in high resolution are easy , but the more detail the harder it gets. You need several different software apps to convert.

I see where the most learning is in those pictures.
    It's not the cutting or software but the flame coloring.
    Very nice stuff !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V

I see where the most learning is in those pictures.
    It's not the cutting or software but the flame coloring.
    Very nice stuff !!!!
    Can you go into a little detail what other software you need. Do you have a website with a write up on what you did ? I have the video of plasma cam and they do not show you much of the rendering the cut paths. Will photoshop help ? Someday I want to get a plasma cam.
    Thanks

T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
    South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Corel-...yguid=82702294
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheetcam/?yguid=82702294
    http://www.algolab.com/products.htm
    http://www.adobe.com/products/streamline/
    http://www.artofcnc.ca/

Tom Caudle is about the best for info on Corel with plasma, if you post a question.
    http://www.fourhillsdesigns.com/

He builds his own THC and it is about the best deal around when added to sheetcam, Mach two.