Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    smokinjoe325 Guest

Default not good 4 me

ive used them in the field dont last. like 2 or 3 8in welds and its over.i used it for a wire brush.thought one less cord for my helper 2 cut.i just run a cord again .need 2 run leads anyway.

Default Helper?

Helper? What's that?
    Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
    Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
    Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
    CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
    Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

Default Using the heck out of my cordless grinder.

I bought a DeWalt corldless grinder and it seems like I'll never run out of new ways to use it. I am already making plans to buy another one soon. The handiest by far was using it to cut some steel by the headlights of my truck. If I hadn't had it, that little five minute job would have been greatly extended by running a 100' cord over to the company shop, unlocking the door, turning off the alarm and then undoing each of those things after the cut was made. Just that one use probably paid for half of the cost of the grinder in labor savings. Having a little $75 tool handy saved me about twenty minutes of labor on O/T. Saved me the headache, the company the overhead and the customer the labor by buzzing into the yard, yanking a piece of C-channel from the rack, zip-zip-toss and gone. Last Friday, I grabbed it out of the truck to cut one bolt head from a shaft coupling guard. Same principle. I've had my cordless grinder just about two months now and it has probably paid for itself several times over. What a great gadget! Thanks DeWalt!
    Last edited by triggerman; 03-04-2007 at 09:50 PM. Reason: typo
    Triggerman

CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun

I agree. It's a battery hog for bigger jobs and lacks the guts for serious grinding, but it does what it's designed to do very well and very handily. It definitely stays in the truck.

wouldnt be without my dewalt cordless grinder, best thing since.......

I also wouldnt be without my 7.5" wildcat either

where are you finding them for $59???????

id buy two for that price, then I wouldnt have to change wheels so much
    past welding instructor
    CWI
    business owner

Default New Lithium Battery for Cordless Tools

Lithium-ion batteries coming soon on Ryobi tools. A company in Houston, TX has been developing a new Lithium-ion battery and charger for the company in China that builds the Ryobi tools. It is lighter and has more power (amps) than Ni-Cad batteries.
    The new battery will be interchangeable but will cost more. The benefits are light weight and longer battery life.
    Jim Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by Trap Doctor View Post
    ...The new battery will be interchangeable...
    Now that's a great idea that I wish the other guys had done.

MetalChicken Guest

Default The go to grinder

I've had this grinder for about a year. The battery does not last very long, and it is not the tool for hogging out big welds. However, despite being very skeptical at first, I now look to grab this grinder first, even in the shop. This tool and the dewalt cordless reciprocal saw rate an "A".

Default Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Agades View Post
    where are you finding them for $59???????
    On eBay, of course. Good luck. I looked at all the folks selling them for about the same price and picked the seller with the best customer service feedback.
    Triggerman

CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun

I had to pick up a Ryobi cordless grinder. 2 batteries, charger and grinder all sold seperately at Home Depot, came up to @ $100.00 I don't expect it to last long, but the DeWalt grinder seperate from those combo packeges was over $300 by itself. If I lost it or it gets stolen at the jobsite, I won't have to cry....