Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wdhille Guest

I bought mine from the LWS, they actually beat the best ebay price I bought them by a few dollars. So, my suggestion is to go to the LWS, show them your best ebay offer, and see if they can help. Any money is better than none, so I would think they would deal.

btw, the 210 is awesome.

wayne

Ch3oh Racing Co. Guest

Smile Mm210 & 3035

Hi Gang,

I needed to purchase a new mig welder to replace my little Hobart handler 110volt unit.

I looked on eBay also and found it had the best pricing on the MM210 & 3035. So I contacted my local welding supplier (Toll Welding Supply Co.) and they beat the eBay prices. I thought this was absolutely great that my local supplier would do this to make the sell.

I absolutely love the welder. I have had it for about a month now and have already gone through a spool of .035" wire without any problems what soever.

I am really looking forward to an aluminium mig project with this setup and if it welds anything like it does on steel I will be jumping for joy.

I used to struggle with the little Hobart mig to do some of the simplest
    things. I am truly glad those days are all gone.

Joe
    Last edited by Ch3oh Racing Co.; 12-21-2006 at 02:34 PM.

Default 210 - or any other purchase

There are advantages to having both a local supplier that knows you by recognition and purchases, and a Internet supplier that knows you by your purchases.

When I bought my MM135 - I had spent days on the internet researching whether to get a Miller, Lincoln, or a Hobart. I knew what I would pay for each - it only took 20 minutes with the salesman at the local welding supply store to convince me to get the MM135 - it cost me less then the Internet price. The same for the my 200DX, the advantage is that my LWS people know me - and I can go in and ask for advice or solutions to problems I can't figure out (I took a few of their welding courses to boot). They also give me breaks on consumables.

On the other side of the coin, I bought my Spectrum 375 Plasma Cutter and LMSW-52t spot welder from Cyberweld.

Nothing is etched in stone - work it to your advantage.

my LWS pricing is cut in stone, they wont work with you at all. the one in rochester is said to be better i'll find out when i'm ready to get my MM210 (could be a wile). the local guys used to be realy nice and helpfull just couldnt tuch the price do to being a branch store i guess. but they have all moved on now and we have some new guys in there now, real ******s not werth the time it takes to say hellow, kinda glad i dont even get gas there any more.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3oh Racing Co. View Post
    Hi Gang,

I needed to purchase a new mig welder to replace my little Hobart handler 110volt unit.

I looked on eBay also and found it had the best pricing on the MM210 & 3035. So I contacted my local welding supplier (Toll Welding Supply Co.) and they beat the eBay prices. I thought this was absolutely great that my local supplier would do this to make the sell.

I absolutely love the welder. I have had it for about a month now and have already gone through a spool of .035" wire without any problems what soever.

I am really looking forward to an aluminium mig project with this setup and if it welds anything like it does on steel I will be jumping for joy.

I used to struggle with the little Hobart mig to do some of the simplest
    things. I am truly glad those days are all gone.

Joe
    If you think that the MM210 welds good with .035 wire you should try some .030 Lincoln or Hobart wire.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter