Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question how to blacksmith ???????????????????

Does any one know how to blacksmith? I want to learn how to do it . I want to learn how to..

Hi I do a little smithing go to this site, there you will find what you need to get started. anvilfire.com

Talking

Thanks 4 the advice (the website) I also seen where you was from Greenville,Tn I am From Wartburg,Tn

iforgeiron.com is another good blacksmithing site. There are more around....just google "blacksmith forum"

Millermatic 350P
    Dynasty 200Dx
    Hypertherm Powermax 1000
    Victor Journeyman O/A
    Offshore Mill and Lathe
    Tunes to weld with by Peavey

Default blacksmithing class

Since you are in TN, you might want to check this site out http://www.folkschool.com/

It is for a small "old-world" trade school in Brasstown NC, just outside of Murphy, NC which is about 2hrs due east of Chattanooga. I have never taken their blacksmith courses, but have wanted to for many years. I have a friend of mine that used to teach photography there. Even if you don't take the course, it is a great road trip back into the mountains along the Ocoee river basin. SSS

Smile

I have taken a beginning blacksmith class at the John C Campbell Folk School. It was a great class.
    Paul
    Always trying to learn.

so, paul, did you make it by the world famous Clay's Corner in Beautiful, downtown Brasstown? I'll be heading back for the new years "drop" in a few weeks. SSS

Quote Originally Posted by wireburner View Post
    Does any one know how to blacksmith? I want to learn how to do it . I want to learn how to..
    There are blacksmith associations in most states. For example in Missouri it is BAM <Blacksmith Association of Missouri> Suggest you do a search on Blacksmith Associations. I know BAM holds classes for beginners. Last time I looked there were well over 400 members all over the state. We have men and women members from all different walks of life.

you do know this thread is over 2 years old?
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

Cool

I think Chris is doing pretty good now. I see him on some other sites and he has a website and a forum now. I sent him down an HF bender to play with at the beginning of the year. He usually chimes in here and over at the Hobart site every now and then...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48