Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thumbs up

congrats on the new work dud's.
    you mom is 100% correct here, you need to get good work clothes or they will fall apart in no time.
    I'm lucky my wife makes mine out of thick winter carharrt fabric with a soft inner liner (same fabric we were making covers out of). i'm so spoiled. but the heavier stuff will pay you back in lasting longer. depending on what you are doing you could look at wally world for there work stuff. i cant remember its nam but it looks like they do have some good stuff.i got a pair of full body overalls 4 winter there (Blizzard is the brand) several years ago and they are still in good shape.
    funny thing about starting work. when you first start spending your own $$ on stuff you think " man i worked hard for that i don't want to have to spend a hole weeks worth of pay on one pair of over-all's " but after a wile you learn and it's " i would rather spend a weeks pay now and have them all year instead of spending 1/2 a weeks pay every month to replace the cheep stuff ". its the same way with work tool's. you use them hard and rely on them, a lil extra $$ up front can save you a bunch in the long run. its getting harder and harder to find good solid long lasting stuff now as the world moves into its throw and go stage, but if you are willing to spend a bit more you can still find it.
    congrats on the program. sounds like you are off to a great start.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I love my carhartt's !
    Millermatic 135
    Syncrowave 200 with coolmate 3
    Hypertherm powermax 30

were I am when I am home
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...5/IMG_7413.jpg