Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spoolmatic 1?

Default Spoolmatic 1?

Does anyone know anything about the Spoolmatic 1 mig gun? It's probably old and I can't find much on the net about it. Will it work with my Millermatic 210?

The spoolmatic 1, 2, & 3 are older Miller spoolguns, as opposed to MIG guns. I think any of them would work on the 210. Consumables are still readily available. Don't know about the guts.

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

cunninglinguist,

The Spoolmatic 1 gun will not fit on the Millermatic 210 unless you have a WC-1 weld control. Even then the WC-1 control would require modifications to make it compatible to the Millermatic 210.

The Spoolmatic 2 was basically designed for engine drive equipment so it is really not a good spoolgun choice for the Millermatic 210.

The Spoolmatic 3 will not fit the Millermatic 210 easily either. It would require an MPSA adapter. The MPSA adapter would require modifications to allow it to attach to the Millermatic 210.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
    KSchuh@Millerwelds.com

Default Kevin

wow talk about smoooshing a guy's hopes all 3 no go's

well best to find out befor he buys it .any ideal where andy is??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Sorry... but I would hate to have someone buy it and then not be able to use it.

Andy was at the weld expo at the Miller ware house in Atlanta last week, he'll be back. As for me I'm off to Lakeland Florida for an air show.

Be back next week.

Kevin

Thumbs up Kevin

true, buying it only to find out it wont work is a sereous bummer.
    some times bad new's can be good if gotten in time
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES