Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spectrum 3080

James,

That's the same one that I have (minus the neked lady & POW-MIA).

It was $399. I would have gotten the bigger one but it had to go down my basement stairs and that 80 gal tank is a monster!

I use it for my small sand blast cabinet but I had to get a low volume nozzle for it to really keep up.

If you have the space and the cash, I'd go for the bigger model. It will handle the air tools, blast cabinets, and the plasma with a bit more head room.

I'd like to add an extra storage tank to my system but a plain tank costs more than one with the compressor on it. Maybe I should just get another compressor.
    Bob Sigmon
    A/O Setup with Meco Midget
    Miller Big Window Elite
    Quincy QT-5HD

Yup you are better off getting another air compressor.I like the air compressor in the picture.Whats that thing on the right side of the air compressor?Its about half way in the middle of the air compresser.I have seen them on the big air compressors at menards and was wondering what they were.

if i understand your ??? it is the air outlet with a shut off valve.
    i circled it in green is this what you ment??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

The 3080 is a real solid unit. I still have one and can't complain at all. The 3080 is based on the reliable XMT chassis and inverter engine. There was a torch update to use the current torch of the 1000 but the old consumables are still easy to get and the new torch just gives you a thicker cut rating. Doubt you'd really need that thick anyway. I know I don't.

Andy

Question Air Outlet

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now
    if i understand your ??? it is the air outlet with a shut off valve.
    i circled it in green is this what you ment??
    Yup thats what i ment.So it dont have a quick connect coupler like some air compressors that i have used.Can you explain a little more in detail about the air outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by ASKANDY
    The 3080 is a real solid unit. I still have one and can't complain at all. The 3080 is based on the reliable XMT chassis and inverter engine. There was a torch update to use the current torch of the 1000 but the old consumables are still easy to get and the new torch just gives you a thicker cut rating. Doubt you'd really need that thick anyway. I know I don't.

Andy

Hey ANDY what kind of air compressor is your 3080 hooked up to?Would it be best to get a two stage air compressor instead of a one stage?Would it also be best to get an air compressor that uses oil or get one that does not use oil.If i am thinking right an air compressor that uses oil is not as loud as an oilless air compressor. Am i right.

Default richie

it seems the more you spend on 1 the less ya get LOL. as you get to the larger setups they have less on them. witch works out ok cuz you can build it to suit youre needs . lots of people run steel lines through uot there shop with multiple quick conect cuplers around the shop. i chose to run 2 real setups in my shop so after the air gage and watter trap i ran a T so i could run a line to the role above the compresser in the main shop and then ran a line to the welding room where i have another role out real on the roof in there as well. i also have about 175 ft of seperate hose that i can use if i need to get out of the shop. there is 50ft of red line on the real in the main shop as i will use it right outside for airing up tires and stuff just outside the shop and only about 25ft on the real in my metal work room for angel grinders and stuff in the welding room.

i atached some pic's of the shut off and the air gage and the 2 lines run on the celing 1 to the real and 1 off to the other room. as soon as you get a larg air compresser you get to start planing how to run youre air lines as you will no longer be able to take the compresser to the work so you need a plan.by getting the compresser without hookups you can plan from scratch and build it to suit you i'm shoure that there are lots of people here that have hard lines maybe some one will share a pic of theres with ya
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Yup i have noticed that to you get a small air compressor it has alot of stuff on it.You get a big air compressor and it dont have that much stuff on it.But i like the the idea of custumizing it to fit your exact needs and specifications.I going to get a large air compressor but i am getting ready to move monday so i will have to wait on that.Plus when i move i am going to be buying another shop.

Default richie

i hope my pic's helped , like i said most larger shops run hard lines to the different stations in there shop but as mine is small running hose was best for me. i also got a different drain system for my tank it was like $15 but i realy didnt like the butterfly type drain so i splerged on the extended version with a valve simmiler to the large 1 i use as a shut off.hummm should have took ya a pic, ill get it when i go back to the shop to take the masking off my flame job.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

water drain
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES