Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spectrum 3080

Default Spectrum 3080

I have a good chance to get a miller spectrum 3080 are these good and reliable machines are there any problems with it?Does anybody have any pics of steel that they have cut using the 3080?Is it easy to get consumables for the 3080?Are there any welding websites that sell them.The machine only has a couple hours of use on it.

Richie,

Here's the link to the owners manual -

Spectrum 3080 Owners Manual

It is rated for a 7/8th inch cut - 63Amp @ 230V input 80amp output

That is a heck of a cutter. If you have the power available and it is a good price, I'd say go for it.
    Bob Sigmon
    A/O Setup with Meco Midget
    Miller Big Window Elite
    Quincy QT-5HD

Richie,

Unless you have matriculated, I'd guess you're still at home, and a 3080 needs 63 amps single-phase to do it's trick. It also runs on 3-phase, but I'm guessing that's moot. You'll need a 90+ PSI air supply at a pretty good flow rate. How's your compressor?

Not intending to pop your bubble, but what it is is what it is.

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Quote Originally Posted by hankj
    Richie,

Unless you have matriculated, I'd guess you're still at home, and a 3080 needs 63 amps single-phase to do it's trick. It also runs on 3-phase, but I'm guessing that's moot. You'll need a 90+ PSI air supply at a pretty good flow rate. How's your compressor?

Not intending to pop your bubble, but what it is is what it is.

Hank

I have to get an air compressor for it.Anybody know any good air compressors that will will be good for the 3080?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sigmon
    Richie,

Here's the link to the owners manual -

Spectrum 3080 Owners Manual

It is rated for a 7/8th inch cut - 63Amp @ 230V input 80amp output

That is a heck of a cutter. If you have the power available and it is a good price, I'd say go for it.
    Thanks bob i have been looking for the owners manual for the 3080 on miller.I guess they have replaced it with the spectrum 1000. Whats the diferences between the 3080 and the 1000.They both cut the same thicknesses.

Richie,

It is probably just updated technology on the inside. That doesn't make the 3080 bad just more reachable cost wise. There are a number of compressors that could handle the 3080. Home Depot has their largest Husky model on sale frequently for $799. If I remember correctly it runs at over 14cfm and 175psi. Not the best compressor in the world but a reasonable compressor for a reasonable price.
    Bob Sigmon
    A/O Setup with Meco Midget
    Miller Big Window Elite
    Quincy QT-5HD

Default 1000/3080

i think the 1000 picked up a new torch.seems like i remember reading that it got a new torch with beter consumable life.

Unless you have matriculated, I'd guess you're still at home, and a 3080 needs 63 amps single-phase to do it's trick.

thats for full 1 1/2" cut it wont need that for all cuts, just on the top end.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default richie

i couldnt find any web-sites that still list the 3080 but did find 1 that listed the 1000

http://www.brwelder.com/indextemplat...&SubCategory=4

a lot of the sites dont stock the stuff just have miller ship it direct so it might be hard to find a 3080 for sail on the web (not counting e-bay)

hope this gives you what ya need, you just wanted to know if youre price was a good 1 i'm gessing
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Richi,
    I own a Kellogg and a Saylor Beale. Both have had zero problems. The Kellogg is a 1966 model the Saylor beale is only ten years old. The only thing that I had to replace on the Kellogg is the three belts that run the pump..

Pete

i got a huskie 60gal 135psi setup from home depot last year.great compresor 220V with plenty of air for the 3080. i think it was like $400 on sail.

like 10.3cfpm at 90psi and 11.8 at 40psi so it fills up quick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES