Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Please help, No lites, No buzzing, Nothing

Hi I have a new syncrowave 200, I hooked the power up per the instructions verified correct voltage to the plug and through the power cord into the welder but when I turn the welder on nothing happens, no lites, no buzzing, the breaker does not trip.
    I am at a loss here.
    Thank you for any help.
    A.J.

If you're positive you've got the power hooked up correctly, it's time to call Miller.

Angry

I know I was just hoping there was a switch somewhere on the machine that I was not flipping and one of you guys could tell me, "flip this switch bone head"

well guess I get to wait till monday...

Been there, done that.
    Easy fixes are great, wish there were more of them
    Waiting sucks, especially with a new toy.

Smile

It turned out to be my bone head move. I had L1 and L2 connected to the same lead (L1) in the breaker box, I fixed that and all of the lites came on.

Thank you for trying.
    Now we will be armed with somthing new to try if this issue comes up again.

First uttered by Homer Simpson!
    [QUOTE] DOH DOH DOH! [QUOTE]

Reminds me of my first 'test' for an electronics job.

They pointed me in the direction of a non-operational school intercom system and said " Fix it, we'll time you "

Not 90 seconds later they said " you passed ". ( it was unplugged )

Then they pointed me towards a large saw with a 3 phase motor, it was running backwards. ( phases reversed )

I worked for that company for a year after I retired from the Army. They literally took all the jobs nobody else would take. Seeing the various troubles on here from time to time reminds me of how much I forgot.

One thing is for certain, I am never far from my Simpson 260 Multimeter.