Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Identifying Spam

Does anyone know if there is a way to tag a post so that it will be known as spam. Personally, I get enough spam as it is without have to see it show up on this forum. At least that way we can tag these things and not even give them the satifaction of anyone even reading their posts. Just a thought, let me know if anyone has any idea or if it is even possible. I think we have a good thing going here and I am willing to try to do something to keep it clean and useful. SSS

What is your mail program or what service do you use to read email?

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by jfsmith View Post
    What is your mail program or what service do you use to read email?

Jerry

I think he is talking about SPAM posts to the forum boards !

Sorta like what the users SniperP AnnaMeas have posted?

Look at all the crap popping up today. Is it a full moon or something?

Maybe someone who feels unwelcomed just wants to mess things up.

I just saw more of the trash

Even the spammer user id's are boring --- Vg1 vg3

Well they did a good job cleaning up the motor sports board .Does anyone modarate this one or do we put in acall to Holly?

I suspect that we're seeing what Holly usually stops.
    I at least hope, that Holly has a long weekend off, & is enjoying it, with better things than reading all the posts on these forums!

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

I hate people that come on these forums that try to ruin everyone elses experiences with ****ography or anything else unwanted.
    Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
    I hate people that come on these forums that try to ruin everyone elses experiences with ****ography or anything else unwanted.
    Smartest thing you can do is NOT REPLY to thier threads.

Don't read the threads, don't reply to them and move on with your life.

Policing a BBS is the members responsibility in part, pointing these things out to the moderator is that responsibility. If there is too much spam that you don't like, then move on to somewhere else.

Remember moderators are people who have lives of their own.

Jerry