Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Back Rack

thats a fine looking rack. i too would like a lil better look at the mounting part, any chance of a close up of that???
    i been planing on addig some thing similer to mine and was planing on running the pipe down into the corner hole then adding some bracing back out onto the bed rail. your setup look verry clean, i would rather go your way.
    rhag, welcome to the site.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Very nice work, congradulations!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fat-Fab.com View Post
    Nice work for a chevy gut
    Just funning good job
    I agree with Fat-Fab.com I`am a OVAL kind of guyjust joking

Inferno Forge

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by shortarc View Post
    You boys threw me on that one, I almost didn't look at the post cause I thought it was something for backpacking

Around here all I've heard those called are "headache racks".

Nice work, really looks good on that truck.
    It kinda depends on what is causing the headache. A large item might be stopped, but something like rebar might make your head hurt with this rack.

Either way nice job.

I like the idea of using the existing stake pockets. Something for others to keep in mind is that if you are going to be carrying heavy loads, it is probably better to use the longer mounting brackets. I'm not sure that the stake pocket would keep a heavy load from bending the headache rack forward under hard braking.

Just a thought.

Dave

awsome job!
    Please enlighten me:

FORD: Found On Road Dead
    Dodge: (Mopar) Moments Of Power Are Rare
    the others?
    Hope to upgrade to a Chevy Silverado. consumer digest rated #1
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

i supose there is the line between form and function to be looked at as well. some are more to llok at then to actualy stop stuff comming into the cab. this one is defenetly easy to look at, nice form.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES