Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thumbs down Dump Trailer Plans

Hi Folks: I have a 6X10 Tandem Axle Trailer and I want to build a dump bed to sit on it. I am looking to purchase a set of plans, if anyone can help. Thanks much.......Budbuc

Sure, email me.
    Larry

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Last year in a double credit class me and a buddy of mine attempted to build what you are talking about, But our teacher wouldent help us he would like us make mistake after mistake on it so it never got done. Since I worked on that i was completely turned off from welding because i felt i cant do it by myself but what my apprentice teacher said is you need to be educated before you can do it so its not to bad. Mind you I woudl do it over again ina second now that I understand the consept of building one i would still need help and actual blueprints.

Quote Originally Posted by budbuc View Post
    Hi Folks: I have a 6X10 Tandem Axle Trailer and I want to build a dump bed to sit on it. I am looking to purchase a set of plans, if anyone can help. Thanks much.......Budbuc
    Goto www.trailerplans.com and purchase their 5' x 10' dump trailer plans and modify to suit your needs. These are excellent plans with plenty of detail and well worth the money.

Yes blue prints are a help but most people here just look at other items that are fabricated and make their own drawings and incorporate their own custom ideas. I made a dump bed for my truck like this after seeing a dump bed truck on the road. Most plans are made on a napkin anyways...
    Young...Mistakes are part of the learning curve. Sounds like your teacher had a plan in where maybe he figured you could do it on your own.

T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com --- you can see my dumpbed on my site.
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
    South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    Yes blue prints are a help but most people here just look at other items that are fabricated and make their own drawings and incorporate their own custom ideas. I made a dump bed for my truck like this after seeing a dump bed truck on the road. Most plans are made on a napkin anyways...
    Young...Mistakes are part of the learning curve. Sounds like your teacher had a plan in where maybe he figured you could do it on your own.

T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com --- you can see my dumpbed on my site.
    Thanks much, T.J.

Quote Originally Posted by MadReferee View Post
    Goto www.trailerplans.com and purchase their 5' x 10' dump trailer plans and modify to suit your needs. These are excellent plans with plenty of detail and well worth the money.
    Thanks much............Bud

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

thats exactly what happend... i tihnk i would do a better job if he put me on it now
    Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan