Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Townsend, TN
    Posts
    10

    Thumbs down Dump Trailer Plans

    Hi Folks: I have a 6X10 Tandem Axle Trailer and I want to build a dump bed to sit on it. I am looking to purchase a set of plans, if anyone can help. Thanks much.......Budbuc

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Sure, email me.
    Larry

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Last year in a double credit class me and a buddy of mine attempted to build what you are talking about, But our teacher wouldent help us he would like us make mistake after mistake on it so it never got done. Since I worked on that i was completely turned off from welding because i felt i cant do it by myself but what my apprentice teacher said is you need to be educated before you can do it so its not to bad. Mind you I woudl do it over again ina second now that I understand the consept of building one i would still need help and actual blueprints.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by budbuc View Post
    Hi Folks: I have a 6X10 Tandem Axle Trailer and I want to build a dump bed to sit on it. I am looking to purchase a set of plans, if anyone can help. Thanks much.......Budbuc
    Goto www.trailerplans.com and purchase their 5' x 10' dump trailer plans and modify to suit your needs. These are excellent plans with plenty of detail and well worth the money.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Yes blue prints are a help but most people here just look at other items that are fabricated and make their own drawings and incorporate their own custom ideas. I made a dump bed for my truck like this after seeing a dump bed truck on the road. Most plans are made on a napkin anyways...
    Young...Mistakes are part of the learning curve. Sounds like your teacher had a plan in where maybe he figured you could do it on your own.

    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com --- you can see my dumpbed on my site.
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Townsend, TN
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    Yes blue prints are a help but most people here just look at other items that are fabricated and make their own drawings and incorporate their own custom ideas. I made a dump bed for my truck like this after seeing a dump bed truck on the road. Most plans are made on a napkin anyways...
    Young...Mistakes are part of the learning curve. Sounds like your teacher had a plan in where maybe he figured you could do it on your own.

    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com --- you can see my dumpbed on my site.
    Thanks much, T.J.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Townsend, TN
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadReferee View Post
    Goto www.trailerplans.com and purchase their 5' x 10' dump trailer plans and modify to suit your needs. These are excellent plans with plenty of detail and well worth the money.
    Thanks much............Bud

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Posts
    304

    Default

    thats exactly what happend... i tihnk i would do a better job if he put me on it now
    Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

    Ryan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.