Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Miller Bluestar 2E

Hey all !

I am new to this board and wondered if anyone might have a complete, or parts, for an old Miller Bluestar 2E or 1E.

I would not mind finding one that is complete with a blown Techumseh engine as I have one that would work.

I am located in West Texas so something in Texas would be best for me.

Thanks !

I have a l979 model, but I am not interested in selling it. I am curious what happened to your machine, that you are looking for a replacement for it. I bought mine new in l979, and the only thing that has happened to it was a pc board went bad for the arc booster. I bought a new one for $100.00, and had the other one repaired now I have a spare. Is yours beyond repair, and I wonder if Miller still has replacement parts available.

I have a good running Bluestar 2E that I purchased new in 1981 if memory serves.

The old 1E and 2E series welders are getting old enough now that they are starting to show up with blown engines.

The Kohler and Tecumseh 16 horsepower engines, and parts, are no longer made or supported by their manufacturers so when the engines fail most of these welders are just scrapped.

I have two good Tecumseh OH160 engines and thought I might be able to find a 1E or 2E welder in good condition, but in need of an engine, allowing me to build up another welder without breaking the bank.

I have seen a couple of these welders show up on eBay, but they would not ship saying "Local Pickup Only".

If you run across anything I would appreciate a heads up !

Default looking for parts too

i am as well looking for parts, as the bluestar 2E that i got from my
    Dad stopped welding and generating current about a year ago. i would very much like info or a source that can repair or supply parts for this unit. the unit runs fine and i found that the oil filled capacitor inside had developed a leak (oil filled) and that was the cause of my problems, but i am not sure and have had no success in finding one.

I just got one! Don't know if it works yet. They said it works good!

Serial # is HK325670 I wonder what year it was made?

Its a DC welder so I guess one step up from my old AC welder!

Heres a side view of it:

[QUOTE=godtool;185220]I just got one! Don't know if it works yet. They said it works good!

Serial # is HK325670 I wonder what year it was made?

Between Jul-Dec 1979.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

Default miller 1e

I have a miller 1e welder tht Iam not going to do anything with. I acquired this thing from an older gentleman that claimed to have all the parts and also claimed to be an honest guy. well I fell hook line and sinker I bought it got it home and it is missing the circuit card, stator. I bought a new stator at$115 then I called the guy back and asked about the circuit card. He said he never had it. but yet he told me all the parts were there. oh well its my fault any way I need to get rid of it

Default mmiller 2e welder

I bought a miller 2e welder it runs and welded great however the other day I went to start it and the battery was stone dead so nI jumped it off and let it run for about 45 min. I then tried to weld with it and it died as soon as I stuck the arc, I restarted it let it run for 20 min then moved the toggle switch from generator to weld and it died. The carb butter fly would move to wide open I think it is dumping too much fuel at one time causing the engine to die, but do I have another problem other than this? I would appreciate any help I can get with this little problem. or pics of other miller 2e welders so I can see how they are set up. Thanks steve