Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Lack of Millermatic 180 literature frustrates potential buyer(s)

I've been trying to find out more about the new Millermatic 180,
    replacement for the Millermatic 175. I'm in the market for a GMAW/FCAW
    (MIG) welder and would like to have full specifications on the Millermatic 180 before I make a purchase decision. My understanding is that certain dealers are selling the Millermatic 180 now, but without literature it is hard to do a feature-to-feature comparison. Any information on the "official" release date of the MM180 and when full literature will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by gregben View Post
    I've been trying to find out more about the new Millermatic 180,
    replacement for the Millermatic 175. I'm in the market for a GMAW/FCAW
    (MIG) welder and would like to have full specifications on the Millermatic 180 before I make a purchase decision. My understanding is that certain dealers are selling the Millermatic 180 now, but without literature it is hard to do a feature-to-feature comparison. Any information on the "official" release date of the MM180 and when full literature will be available?

" Good things come to those who wait - great things come to those who wait a little longer! " ( gandmothers saying )

I feel your frustration as we are wanting to buy a small 110V welder MM140 for a Christmas Gift and info is limited. The only dealer I know advertising them for sale online has no information yet says he has welders. But he is not one I would order from anyway.

My understand is that Miller release product regionally, and not all at once. When the product has been released in all regional markets the information will be more widespread.

This could be wrong, but it is what an LWS told me.

Default harcosparky is correct

Harcosparky is completely accurate about the regional product rollout. Miller does expect a full, national rollout to be complete by 12/21....just in time for the big day if you can find one. I don't expect to have the product in my region (Denver area) until early Dec. As a distributor for Miller, I don't even have access to literature yet, nor can I find out what the MSRP will be for it.

I have heard some interesting rumors that (2) different options will be availiable: one is just the MM140 and the other is the MM140 with an "autoset" feature. No options on the 180 series.

On a side note, ITW/Hobart has also launced the new Handler 187 that feature an additonal 2 tap points on the transformer which will help to fine-tune your arc on the thinner stuff....it actually has a lower MSRP than it's predecessor the Handler 180!

Great stuff is a' coming!

Quote Originally Posted by TexAg View Post
    Harcosparky is completely accurate about the regional product rollout. Miller does expect a full, national rollout to be complete by 12/21....just in time for the big day if you can find one. I don't expect to have the product in my region (Denver area) until early Dec. As a distributor for Miller, I don't even have access to literature yet, nor can I find out what the MSRP will be for it.

I have heard some interesting rumors that (2) different options will be availiable: one is just the MM140 and the other is the MM140 with an "autoset" feature. No options on the 180 series.

On a side note, ITW/Hobart has also launced the new Handler 187 that feature an additonal 2 tap points on the transformer which will help to fine-tune your arc on the thinner stuff....it actually has a lower MSRP than it's predecessor the Handler 180!

Great stuff is a' coming!
    In the interest of correctness the Handler 187 has an additional 3 taps over the Handler 180 as the 180 had 4. I would like to test a MM140 (either model) & the Lincoln 140T or C aginst the current Handler 140 as I am in need of a 120V machine, and the sooner the better. I suspect that since my local LWS thinks no one wants a tapped mig in the 120V size I will most probably get a HH140 from another sorce as I know it's a great machine.
    Last edited by Sundown; 11-15-2006 at 07:36 PM.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Good catch, Sundown, on the # of taps between the 2 models. Regarding finding a 120V tap machine, your local supplier can certainly get you one....both manufacturers you're interested in can usually get the machine to the point of sale in about 3 days (without you having to pay for any freight charges). I would advise you go to your local supplier of choice and say "Hey, I'm the customer and I make the calls and I want a tapping machine!!"....I bet they'll order one for you to take a look at because if they don't take care of you, they could lose the sale (or worse, lose all your business & referrals) to a local competitor or to an online retailer.

Give 'em ****, man!

"Hey, I'm the customer and I make the calls and I want a tapping machine!!"....I bet they'll order one for you to take a look at because if they don't take care of you, they could lose the sale (or worse, lose all your business & referrals) to a local competitor or to an online retailer.

Give 'em ****, man!
    Some companys just don't care!!!!!!!!

I went to my LWS ( Roberts Oxygen - Edgewood, Maryland ) looking for the MM140 and they had the MM135 on display. So a conversation ensued as follows ....

ME: " when will you get the new model MM140 in stock, I want one for a Christmas gift ? ".

LWS: " as soon as well sell the old ones first. "

ME: " who will want an old one when the new ones are out? "

LWS: ' well if all we have is the MM135, how can they buy an MM140? "

ME: " and you wonder why I drove 2 hours to buy an MM210, then 2 weeks later drove that same 2 hours and bought a Spectrum 375? hrmmmph!!! "

LWS: " you bought a Spectrum 375? Who'd you buy it from? "

ME: " B&R Welding, same people that gave me a good deal on the MM210 "

LWS: " you never told me you wanted a Plasma Cutter? "

ME: " I didn't? Then why did you give me the brochure on the CUT 38 ? "

LWS: " Oh yeah I did, but you didn't tell me you were going to buy one. "

ME: " Why the devil do you think I was asking about them for, my health? "

Every time I went in there I has CASH to make a deal and they knew it.
    I just shook my head and walked out the door.

Thank god I can get gas from another supplier, they do not have the store stock ... but they have Gas and Steel. Wire I can get at HD or LOWES.

Good catch, Sundown, on the # of taps between the 2 models. Regarding finding a 120V tap machine, your local supplier can certainly get you one....both manufacturers you're interested in can usually get the machine to the point of sale in about 3 days (without you having to pay for any freight charges). I would advise you go to your local supplier of choice and say "Hey, I'm the customer and I make the calls and I want a tapping machine!!"....I bet they'll order one for you to take a look at because if they don't take care of you, they could lose the sale (or worse, lose all your business & referrals) to a local competitor or to an online retailer.

Give 'em ****, man!
    Luckly for me I have about 6 places locally I can deal with, the LWS I was talking about is where I get my gas and some consumables. I also bought a MM175, a MM210, & my Dynasty 200DX from them. If I push them they will get whatever I want I guess, I just keep pushing them to get some of the smaller tapped machines in so guys have a choice, between Miller & Lincoln small migs, I'm not asking them to deal with any lower quality stuff, but Hobart (since they are a dealer) would be nice. Well it's their business and they can of course do whatever they want, but I can keep bugging them also and I will.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter