Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Miller Auto Arc Mig Welder 200 Amp

Have any of you heard of these or know about them?? The man on ebay selling them said they are made by Miller..the same folks that make Millermatics. Looks kind of like the older MM250's to me
    Item: Miller Auto Arc Mig Welder 200 Amp (Complete Pkg)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160021840793

Thanks, Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by fyoung View Post
    Have any of you heard of these or know about them?? The man on ebay selling them said they are made by Miller..the same folks that make Millermatics. Looks kind of like the older MM250's to me
    Item: Miller Auto Arc Mig Welder 200 Amp (Complete Pkg)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160021840793

Thanks, Farris
    Hey isn't he selling that 200 Amp welder for more than I paid for my 210 Amp welder? I paid $1850 for the MM210 w/3035 Spoolgun. He wants $1,948.99 for the 200 Amp unit without a spoolgun.

He should post more information and better pics.

He mentions Miller in the Title but not really in the body of the actual auction. The unit *looks* like a Miller to me, and I know not all that much. But for that money you could buy a MM210 with a Spoolgun -OR- an MM251 without a Spoolgun. hmmmmmm

I'd be real suspicious of that one .....

I think they are misleading people to think that Miller Electric, makers of the Millermatic line of mig welders make the Auto Arc.

GOOGLE - " Auto Arc " and it leads you to a company called

MILWELD

Now Milweld Inc has thier own website but when you Email them it goes to an account on execpc.com

Email addy - milweld@execpc.com

Here is the URL to thier AUTO ARC page .......

http://www.milweldinc.com/autoarc/autoarc.htm

Here is the contact info listed on thier page ....
    Milweld Inc. - P.O. Box 430 - Hortonville, WI 54944
    E-Mail: milweld@execpc.com - Phone: 920-779-0916 - Fax 920-779-0924

When I look further into thier website under ....

RENTAL EQUIPMENT ...

The rent actual MILLER WELDERS ( or so they say )

hmmmm

Auto Arc is Miller. They are a line that is designed for and marketed specifically to mechanics. They are a little more expensive than the Miller line and really not worth it for us. This comes up from time to time on Ask Andy. For the money, it would be much better to stay with the regular Miller line. They will have better features and duty cycle as well, if memory serves.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Quote Originally Posted by DDA52 View Post
    Auto Arc is Miller. They are a line that is designed for and marketed specifically to mechanics. They are a little more expensive than the Miller line and really not worth it for us. This comes up from time to time on Ask Andy. For the money, it would be much better to stay with the regular Miller line. They will have better features and duty cycle as well, if memory serves.
    That is interesting .... lower featured - higher priced !

Default Thanks 4 info

Thanks guys..I appreciate it. I think I've got a MM251 bought..it's used but very little..maybe one pound of wire ran throught it. It looks real good! if I get it for sure I'll let all you guys know about it.
    Thanks again, Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!