Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weld/cut fumes

Quote Originally Posted by JHCHOPPERS View Post
    Be aware of your sparks too. If your garage is like most garages and that you share yours with you wife car and stuff; you can easily cause some damage to you garage and home.

Plasmas are great for cutting and for starting fires.

Just my 2 cents....
    Absolutely. Normally I move her vehicle out before working, and just about everything else that people normally put in a garage (especially flamables) has been moved to a garden shed. I started about a year ago slowly progressing my "garage" to a "shop" which my wife can still park in. Basically, my side is 100 percent work space while her side is part-time extra workspace.

I have two extinguishers in the welding and blacksmith area. Then I have a couple more spread around the machinery area. At every door way and every work area I have fire extinguishers.

Smoke detectors can be useless in some areas, due to the smoke that is generated, and in some cases, the steam of some projects will set off the detector.

If you need air exchange put dyer vents in, one for intake and one for exhaust.

Jerry

I have the same issue with my wife, I am considering updating my wife!

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.