Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by harcosparky View Post
    OK so what you are saying is " bone-stock " the 375 comes with a Drag Tip?
    Nope, I ordered the drag tip/cup/shield from the same place I ordered the 375. All parts were genuin Miller parts.
    Chop it and ride it,
    Tim

------------------
    Lincoln SP135T
    Miller Spectrum 375

Quote Originally Posted by vtwin4life View Post
    Nope, I ordered the drag tip/cup/shield from the same place I ordered the 375. All parts were genuin Miller parts.
    OK, glad to know they were orded in addition to the stock unit.

I was gonna call Miller and ***** I was short changed!

Just keep in mind, dragging shortens consumable life.

Default Re:

I hope I can churp in on this.. I am a new member lurking mostly to learn more.

I just bought my spectrum 375 X-treme. I used it for the first time cutting flat stock for rafter hangers and it sure was sweet. But I got the the point I had to use a standoff roller guide. Only because I could not keep the gap rite. I was to high, just right, and to low. I think I will be ordering the drag sheild set also....

For my staight cuts on my 4" flat stock I also used a plastic rafter square as my guide.

It sure beats the Oxy or the right angle grinder for speed. I did have slag on the back do to the gap rising and lowering to much I think.... Quick griding off with a floppy disc on the grinder and that was all....
    Don D.

Miller Passport
    Miller spectum 375 X-Treme Plasma
    Victor torches
    to many 4 1/2 grinders (not)
    25 x 40 shop (dog house)

Default New Spectrum 375

They all have an internal regulator. The Xtreme just doesn't have an adjustment knob sticking out for you to twiddle with, the pressure's set. Which probably means it would last longer, if anything.
    ------------------------
    Linc

WideCircles