Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Northern Tool has the Hobart 140 on sale for $459.99 free shipping and a free welding cart

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...6073_200306073

Question what did ya get ?????????

so tell us what did you end up getting ???
    FWIW:
    i have had the MM135 for about 5 years now i think and its been a great welder, never once have i regretted spending the extra $100 for it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default mm140

I like my mm140. I'm a beginner and it is pretty strait forward. The dealer said, "It's idiot proof". I said SOLD! I'm trying to upload some info. of the mm140 to this post. I gave 715.00 for mine.

wow $715 you could have gotten the new MM180 for $742.
    or the hobart 180 for $702.
    heck even the MM135 was less $$ than that. where did you get it? and did they throw in some goodies ?
    here is the IOC link i got the prices from i got my MIG,TIG, and plasma cutter from them great service.
    http://stores.ebay.com/Welding-Suppl...dZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

i supose it not important now how much it was, you should be real happy with it. its gotten good reviews and i'm shore it will be loads of fun just as my first MIG was when it showed up at the door.
    befor you know it you will be finding stuff on the side of the road and bringing it home just so you can cut it up and weld it into something else.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Angry

That sucks! I always rush into these things! I found this site too late. The MSRP was 789.00 and thats what got me. Live and learn I guess. Thanks for pointing that out though. The folks here will be alot of help w/ future purchases.

Wink let it goooooo

best not to look back, just be happy you got a great welder and enjoy it. about a week after i got my TA-185 i found a dyn200 compleat for $1500 on one of the sites, just befor i exploded i stoped and decided to let it go, i got a good welder and i'm happy with it. could of should of would of, never helped any one.
    i have had my MM135 for around 5 years now and been verry happy with it just as you should be with the new 140, dont look back just start thinking about what you are going to make first and you will be all happy again.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Another vote for the MM135. I learned how to weld on one, used it for about 4 yrs and sold it for nearly what I paid for it. Upgraded to MM175 = another great machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufridr069 View Post
    I am replacing an old MM 130 and am torn between True Blue 135 and the Hobart Handler 140. The 140 is rated to 1/4 inch where the MM is rated to 5/16 inch. Pluse there is a 100 buck price differance.

Any thoughts?
    Get the HH187 and run..in my opinion there isn't enough price difference in the two (140-187) not to buy the 187.
    Happy holidays, Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by RYNO View Post
    That sucks! I always rush into these things! I found this site too late. The MSRP was 789.00 and thats what got me. Live and learn I guess. Thanks for pointing that out though. The folks here will be alot of help w/ future purchases.

Does your MM 140 have the Auto-set mode?
    Last edited by Danny; 11-22-2006 at 07:03 PM.

Yes, Danny. It seems to work as they say. So far that is the only setting I have used, Other than amp setting for thickness of base material. I plan to post my progress as I use it more. As I posted earlier I am still a beginner, so my info. may be vague.