Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

MIG-ateur
    congrats on the new toy
    but !! sorry to break it to ya but you cant enter anything made with a red welder, its a Miller chalenge.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

An hour well spent!!!

Talking Welder Challenge Projects

Well, I entered the bucket stand and my new MIG cart in the Miller Weekend Welder Challenge. I had a lot of fun making both items, and that's what it's all about for me anyway! That and practical usefulness.
    I didn't win anything, but the bucket stand is now included in the Miller Idea Photo Gallery (mistakenly labeled Plant Stand). So that's cool!
    I borrowed a lot of ideas for the MIG cart from this board. Thanks to all you guys for that!
    Looking forward to my next projects, many of which will be lawn and garden ground-engaging attachments for my new Husqvarna 26HP garden tractor.
    Joe

many of which will be lawn and garden ground-engaging attachments for my new Husqvarna 26HP garden tractor.
    be shore to share those with us, i could use some idea's in that department.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

MIG-ateur and Amangii,

Watch out. Hear there's a Hurricane blowing into town second week of the season. Might surprize some of you out in the "flatlands".

Proud ACC crossdresser.
    BS VA TECH 1967 MS UM (The U) 1975

Thumbs up New MIG Cart Project and Beer Bucket Stand

I mentioned the cart I built for my new "Red" MIG unit, but I never showed you guys any pictures. Since I got the inspiration from you guys on this board, I thought I should share.

And I added a couple of pics of the beer bucket stand I entered in the Miller Challenge, showing how it collapses.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe

It takes less time and money to do it right than it does to do it over!

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.

Lincoln Power Mig 140C
    Miller Elite Red Flame Hood
    DeWalt, DeWalt, DeWalt, Craftsman, Craftsman
    Delta 16.5" Drill Press w/Laser
    Kobalt 150psi Compressor, 1/2" Impact, Die Grinder, Finish Nailgun, Sprayer

Thumbs up

nice work.
    do you have a twister or did you just do it in a vice with heat ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Talking

Just marked off a 4" section, tightened the piece in a vice at one mark, and heated and twisted the free section until the twist reached the other mark. Seemed simple at the time but is kind of hard to explain. It worked out well though, don't you think?
    Joe

It takes less time and money to do it right than it does to do it over!

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.

Lincoln Power Mig 140C
    Miller Elite Red Flame Hood
    DeWalt, DeWalt, DeWalt, Craftsman, Craftsman
    Delta 16.5" Drill Press w/Laser
    Kobalt 150psi Compressor, 1/2" Impact, Die Grinder, Finish Nailgun, Sprayer

Good job on the first projects. I've twisted flat by just clamping it in a vise and using a large Crescent wrench. It's pretty easy and adds a lot to the looks of an ornamental project.
    Jim

Just a quick tip.
    When I use old wheels for tool stands I weld an old rotor in them. Working for a large ambulance company I have easy access to damaged ambulance wheels and worn out rotors. Just set the rotor on a 2X4, set the wheel on it, slice the studs off flush with the wheel and weld the wheel to the stud stubs, kind of like a rosette. This more than doubles the weight and stability of the base.