Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Helped a buddy learn a liitle MIG!

Perfect weekend to crank out some projects with a friend. He had never touched MIG and had briefly stick welded 20+ years ago. After about 1 hour of coaching, he was starting to make fairly good welds. (I suggested getting welding classes if he gets serious).
    He had 3 projects. A stand for a small linen box. A stand for a beer bucket and a bench grinder stand. He made all the cuts and welds himself.

I can safely say, "He's hooked".

Here are a few pics...JJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those turned out nice.

What do you use for twisting the flat stock?
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Torch bent. I marked a 4" section in the flatstock and put it in the vice. Gripped the other end with vice grips and got after it.

Thumbs up Thanks!

I have this buddy who is a great welding instructor! He showed me how to MIG and got me going on these projects in about an hour's time!
    I had the time of my life!
    I am "Hooked" and am going to be in the market for a nice MIG unit of my own as soon as I can save some cash.
    Thanks again, Amangii!
    Joe

MIG-ateur, welcome to the boards, you're gonna love it here. Whatcha got so far looks great!

'bird

ps: please notice I made no mention about you bein' from Texas and your instructor's from Oklahoma, nor did I mention to not learn anything from him about football...

ps: please notice I made no mention about you bein' from Texas and your instructor's from Oklahoma, nor did I mention to not learn anything from him about football...
    Okay....Native Texan here..... I can't help it if the crimson and cream boys can't keep the wheels on the schooner.....but it is kinda funny

Talking OU Fan

As a matter of fact, I am a native Texan, but lived in Norman for many years in the 70's and 80's and became then, and have remained a huge Sooner fan, even though my daughter attended a college in the UT system.
    Go Sooners!

Welcome, Joe

you did good on those prodgects. they look good
    and glad to see that you are having fun welding.
    their are a lot of great guys here . hang out and have some fun
    ask qestions and learn

welcome
    . . Sincerely,
    ...........Richard

Thumbs up looking good

so when dose the new MM210 arive??
    welding is just about too much fun to be leagle.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Bought a new Welder

Well, my buddy got me so hooked, I had to have my own unit, so a couple of weeks ago I bought myself a new red (Lincoln) Power MIG 140C. I LOVE IT! Best toy I ever bought! I know, this is a Miller board, but you gotta love red too!
    And I am getting ready to build a project to enter in the Weekend Welder Challenge. AI am trying to win the Plasma Cutter.
    Wish me luck, as I do all of you blue guys!.
    Thanks, Amangii, for introducing me to a great new hobby!
    Joe