Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default New Toy on the way

Ok the deal is done and the TA is shipped to its new owner. First let me say that the TA was my first tig welder and I would recommend it to anyone as it worked flawless for me. As many of you know I bought it because of its value as compared to the Dynasty200DX that I really wanted. Well I really never stopped wanting that Dynasty200DX (notice I didnít say need here, just want). So now I am in a better position to get whatever I want (within reason) and with that in mind I ordered a Dynasty200DX from my local LWS today. I did not get the contractor kit as I donít care for the miller remote so I ordered one from SSC controls (in chrome no less), it appears to be a dead ringer for the one that came with the TA185 which I liked very much. I have enough torches, and I only need to make up a work lead and clamp. Good thing it will be a few days to get here as I thought when I built the tig cart I made the shelves big enough to fit the Dynasty, seems I was off an inch or so in the length, so they will need to be modified. No problem as I wanted to do a drawer like Rocky did on his cart anyway. Well thatís the story, oh yeah, the power upgrade I spoke of is mainly to get another 230V line so I can use both the plasma cutter, and the new 230V compressor I am going to get, at the same time. Pictures to come.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Default I like new toys

Good for you! I kept stashing dollars into my "non-tracable cash fund" until I got close to what I needed... I made myself hold out until I could get the 200DX. Now I just need to hone my TIG skills - I seem to spend more time grinding (contaminated) electrodes then welding :-(

It will take me years to grow into the capability of the machine - and I will enjoy every minute of it! It only takes a few hours of arcing-and-sparking during the weekend to forget the 60 hour week of banging at a computer keyboard.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sjmiller View Post
    Good for you! I kept stashing dollars into my "non-tracable cash fund" until I got close to what I needed... I made myself hold out until I could get the 200DX. Now I just need to hone my TIG skills - I seem to spend more time grinding (contaminated) electrodes then welding :-(

It will take me years to grow into the capability of the machine - and I will enjoy every minute of it! It only takes a few hours of arcing-and-sparking during the weekend to forget the 60 hour week of banging at a computer keyboard.

Steve
    I hear ya, Ive been at this tig thing just over two years now and I keep the grinder handy on the bench just behind me.
    Regards, George

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    ...the TA was my first tig welder ...
    Did you mean to specify that it was your first TIG welder with AC output? I've got a Maxstar 150 STH over here that is really starting to develop a complex about some guy in New Mexico...

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Did you mean to specify that it was your first TIG welder with AC output? I've got a Maxstar 150 STH over here that is really starting to develop a complex about some guy in New Mexico...
    Well of course thats what I meant, and the truth be told your STH wasn't the first one as I had a STL first. I also hear once in a while from it's new owner, and it's still DC tiggin along happily in its new home. Please tell Mr. STH that I am truly sorry and he can be assured that it won't happen again.
    Regards, George