Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

[QUOTE=mccutter;4630]
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth72 View Post
    Mine has a mig on it.

But how do you weld fiberglass?
    Very Carefully. My fiberglassing is like my welding glob it on and grind it smooth.

Smooth72,

I could use a few lessons with fiberglass (welding myself. Got a 76' in the garage getting a new heart. After the greasy work is over I'd like to do some mods to the body then paint. 90,000 miles and garage kept for the past four years, but the origonal paint just keeps turning to dust.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lots of great info here for vettes
    www.corvetteforum.com

Built from scratch out of scrap stainless steel, all TIG welded.
    The bottom drawer is a homebuilt TIG cooler.
    The small tank on the back is the cooler reservoir, also stainless steel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Beertestr View Post
    First time poster, be gentle...

Just curious, why are all the carts so tall?

I have a Millermatic 150 on it's original cart, and it would fit under my bench if I didn't have a 80 ft^3 tank. I have been thinking of building a cart and laying the tank tank fown under it. The added length would package a nice gun, ground and power cord reel in front of the unit.

I just got a used ESAB PCM 875 plasma and the cart it came on leaves the lines pretty messy and hanging out, so that's gonna get changed probably to a single side or top reel. I'm one of those guys that likes to make stuff out of busted car parts, I'd love to find a bent 10" racing wheel to make my reel out of.

I guess I find it more useful to be able to tuck the welder and plasma under the bench when not needed. I am constantly running out of space in the shop, and lack the wall space for carts like all of you have built. DOn't get me wrong, all of them are very nice. Lots of thought put into all of them, just a philosophical Q.
    I agree that the reason most guys build taller carts is for comfort. My Thunderbolt is on a short cart, but I'm fixin to build a taller one, I'm close to 6'
    and my knees aren't too good so bending down isn't an option.

Bryce
    BB Farm Supply
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC

Photomask
    verry cool cart, what is the tank from befor it became the water resovor??
    thats the one hurdle i have not gotten past in making my own cooler, the tank part ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    Photomask
    verry cool cart, what is the tank from befor it became the water resovor??
    thats the one hurdle i have not gotten past in making my own cooler, the tank part ??
    It was an aqueous chemical dispense tank that was taken out of service. (The place I work at disposes of alot of cool stuff. That's where the stainless steel came from as well.) This one has a 3 gallon capacity. I have a few more in 3 gallon and some in 6 gallon.

i dont supose you would be willing to ship one out my way ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    i dont supose you would be willing to ship one out my way ??
    I found a couple of 5gal. beer kegs (on is al and the other S.S.) for free on craigs list here....you may want to check there.
    Mike
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

i never even thought about a keg, i think there is one out at the property in the contry my brother plays at i'll pop by tomarow and pick it up to see if it will fit the bill. i also have a lead on a bunch of SS sheet. so i'll work at it from all directions and settle for the best i can come up with .
    some day i'll be rich and famuse and i'll be able to just go buy the stuff i need, but that will probly take 1/2 the fun out of building stuff.
    ok maybee not.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES