Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Default my dy 200 cart

coolmate 3 will go where the 375 is
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey smooth75 what year is that yellow vette in the back ground! my moms got an '07 vette thats black she says the yellow hurts her eyes.

Here's the cart I built yesterday...........

Seperate thread here:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=12464
    RoyB
    Dartmouth, MA

http://www.rvbprecision.com

Millermatic 185 MIG
    Miller Diversion 165
    Purox W200 O/A
    Grizzly 9957 Mill
    Grizzly 4030 Metal Band Saw
    Grizzly 1050 Knife Belt Sander
    Jet 1236 Metal Lathe
    TP Blast Cabinet

It's way too clean.
    Millermatic 211 AutoSet w/MVP
    Century 110 volt 90/110 MIG-Gone to my son, in Texas
    Victor SuperRange OA
    Milwaukee Cold Cut Saw
    Milwaukee Portable Deep Cut Bandsaw
    Milwaukee Hole Hawg
    Jet Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
    Jet MD-18 Mill Drill
    Orbit Drill Press
    12 Ton Floor Press
    2002 E-350 V-10:
    1983 F-150 4.9L 6
    2004 Honda ST1300
    2007 Suzuki LTA400F Quad
    1997 Suzuki DR650

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    i'm about to start my cart and as im going to do it out of aluminum i kinda want to get it right as i have a limited amount of free aluminum to work with. i'm also thinking of polishing it up when im done so i dont want to get dome and find out i forgot some thing real important i should have added (kinda like i did with the last cart ) as i'm still new to TIG i think odds are good i'm not thinking of some thing i need to include in the cart.
    so how about helping me get it right the first time. pic's of your carts and what you did or did not add or wish you had added.
    thanks guys.
    nothing like an excuse to show off your stuff.

well here is the stuff i have to work with.
    1" aluminum tube with some pre-bent 90%'s, 5" swivel wheels,some 18" 110% open bearing slides for a droow and enough diamond plate to make a neat lil foot controle holder.
    1st pic is a quick look at the suplys i'll be using
    2nd is the pile of the rest of the suplies, man i gota clean up the shop.
    3rd is the foot controle idea.
    4th is the old all terain cart i'm using now that has gotten over filled
    i got my covers on e-bay and only have 1 more order to fill befor i can start the shop clean up from the last 4 or 40 jobs then i can get started on the new cart, with any luck that will happen this week end, wish me luck.
    ill post pic's as it progresses.

I could have sworn I saw Mahany on your argon tank, then I read your location. Mine says Mahany, too.

Thumbs up

welcome to the site johnny5.
    yes its a mahanys tank you see. they were the only ones that would fill my tanks i own. they just added them to the inventory so i just swoop them out now.
    its a long drive but besides the fact he takes my tanks the owner is a really nice guy. great shop with lots of courses offered to help out starters. great store i definitely recommend it. there is another mahanys in town near my brothers house but its tiny in comparison and i don't think they offer classes there.

good to have you with us, stick around. lots of great people here with answers to almost any question.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default My cart

Built from 1" square tubing .125" wall. All terrain tires and casters up front. Been looking for some 2 or 3 in copper to make some rod holders, can't seem to get the plumbers to make good on their promises. Thanks for looking.
    A Failure To Plan On Your Part,
    Is Not An Emergency On My Part!

When you build something Idiot Proof..
    Someone builds a better Idiot!

Scott S.
    Jasper AB
    Canada

Dynasty 200DX

pcwelder
    1" square tubing .125" wall

is that aluminum ?? if so its the same thing i made mine out of, although i didn't have any sheet aluminum so i made the shelf out of wood. adds a nice warm look to it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    welcome to the site johnny5.
    yes its a mahanys tank you see. they were the only ones that would fill my tanks i own. they just added them to the inventory so i just swoop them out now.
    its a long drive but besides the fact he takes my tanks the owner is a really nice guy. great shop with lots of courses offered to help out starters. great store i definitely recommend it. there is another mahanys in town near my brothers house but its tiny in comparison and i don't think they offer classes there.

good to have you with us, stick around. lots of great people here with answers to almost any question.

Yeah, I took their 5 week MIG course already and they really let me loose on the TIG machines for last few classes, so I may still take the TIG class come fall.

And yeah the other location is strictly a welding supply.