Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Remote current control for tig

Thinking about purchasing a remote fingertip current controller for my Sycowave 200. I'm tired of trying to push the foot pedal down with my elbow or knee when I have to weld off the bench. I know nothing about these items any and all advice is welcome. How do they attach and which ones to go with. Thanks......gear

What about a small stool you could sit on when you're away from the bench, that works for me.

The problem is I don't have a large table to work from. I have to use my garage floor to lay out anything that has any size to it. I seem to be making a great deal of ramps for trailers (easy access for quadrunners) lately.

arc-zone caries a few diferent designs. from what i have herd they can be a bit dificult to get used to as its a lot for the hand to do all at one time. but once you get the hang they can be usefull, also some put the pedle between there nees like the thie exersizer susan summers used to push.
    here is a link to arc zone. nice people to work with, frendly and they send you a sticker and a pack of M&M's with your order

http://www.arc-zone.com/catalog/web_...=6892375_53099

good luck, you could also look around on e-bay for some deals on ones others have given up on. not every one is willing to stick it out long enough to get the hang of it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

The finger tip control that can be attached to the Tig torch and hooked to the Sync 200 is a RCCS 14 Miller Part # 043688.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    The problem is I don't have a large table to work from. I have to use my garage floor to lay out anything that has any size to it. I seem to be making a great deal of ramps for trailers (easy access for quadrunners) lately.
    What about possibly building some metal horses to work off of ?

how about a look at thease ramps??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default complicating your life

Unless your into really have tight paramitters i would suggest setting the m/c where your comfortable and welding away!
    smokin ana grinnin for 20 years
    Owner MARKS MOBILE WELDING
    trailblazer 302
    hobart suitcase mig
    miller 30a al spool gun
    laramy plastic welder
    brocco cutter
    pipe beveler
    all walter hand tools

I just recently bought a Sync 200 and due to the fact that I'm welding a roll cage in my race car, I had to have a remote. I bought the parweld with the rheostat and switch from welding depot. www.weldingdepot.com

It runs about $250 and uses standard collets. It also has a flexible head that is great for getting into those tight spaces. The only complaint I have is that you have to hold the button down while you're welding. Highly recommended.

Tommy