Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast

Its taken me days to read this thing.....Funny how most of it is true...
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Thumbs down ymbawi

your friend brings a 5min. weld job by and you do it in shorts and sandels.
    and the friend says are you going to
    weld like that. i said yes why. he said
    are you crazey or just blane dumb.so i
    guess i am a crazey bumb weldor.
    miller bobcat 250
    wc 115a
    spoolmatic 30a
    centery 250 mic
    2 lincoln 225 stick
    a 1954 hobart portable welder w/ willies jeep engine

YMBAWI: You use what ever rod you have availble for a fork at lunch hour to eat your smoked oysters, or

you use that rod to scratch a hard to reach spot that itches.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Quote Originally Posted by SkidSteerSteve View Post
    Hmm....maybe Miller will send me a t-shirt or something for starting it

YMBAWI...You find a jacket on the discount rack at Wilson's leather and think to yourself, stylish welding leathers?? (yes, I thought it and even worse, I bought it! but it's never seen work duty)

YMBAWI...You're familiar with logic of "once you start to feel the heat...take em off!"

YMBAWI....You think bolts are for mamma's boys

YMBAWI...you have ever wrapped more than ten feet of anything with electrical tape
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've wraped a 25' water cooled TIG lead cause the ziper on the cover broke.
    Bolts aaaarrrreeee for mamma's boys!
    I know somone who welded everyday in a black leather jacket, we called him fonzy.

YMBAWI...You'r freinds randomly say the word weld cause they know you'll blurt out "What about welding!!!" before they even finish saying it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HelgothJ View Post
    YMBAWI

If when purchasin or renting a house, your more interested in the shop size, how many 220 volt welding outlets it has, and if they match the nema configuration of your welders plug...

I'm currently shoping for a house and my biggest concern is wether or not the neihbors will tollerate grinding noises in the neihborhood. It's all about location, location, loction.

YMBAWI... somone ask "Howed that burn happen?" And you reply: "O crap wered that come from?"............. Or if you'r afraid to let your snot near anything electrical for fear of arcing.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by gym2 View Post
    You know you are definitely a welder if you can some how notice a rusty old 1997 Ford F250 driving in the opposite direction because it has a brand new Miller "Fire Storm 5000" on the back BUT you can't seem to notice the brand new Dodge dually 1 ton driven by some young punk (with hat on backwards) and carrying only a magnetic sign that says "Don's Chair Repair" that has stopped for a red light 20 feet in front of you!
    I notice every welding rig I pass.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrbrown View Post
    YMBAWI your wife keeps finding soapstone and mig tips in the washing machine.
    Yaaaa, about that, I have to send my washing machine in for repairs again. (2nd. time.) Seems they don't like cotact tips in the drain pump to much.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by paulrbrown View Post
    ymbawi you've used a welding rod to tie up your power cables/suspend anything from anything else/make art/poke stuff
    And they say theres no such thing as an all purpouse filler metal.

YMBAWI...You see a weld that looks difficult to weld and you act like you'r welding it just to see if it actualy is difficult or not. (Every time I pass by a support collum and see a weld in a weird position.)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
    I notice every welding rig I pass.

YMBAWI....My girlfriend-soon-to-be-fiance brought up a good point the other day. She honestly told me she never worries about me running around on her with another woman (and I never, ever, ever would. I'd have to be completely stupid to lose/hurt the best thing in my life)....it's the equipment that has her worried!! True story

SSS