Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast

YMBAWI

If when purchasin or renting a house, your more interested in the shop size, how many 220 volt welding outlets it has, and if they match the nema configuration of your welders plug...

To the one that said about having to constantly reset a tripped breaker, ive had to do that once... when I first bought my welder I was gettin the cover screwed in, got a flush mount, and i was pluggin my welder ext cord into it, so afdter the plate was on, I flipped on the 50 amp breaker to it, wasnt thinkin and the plate was not flush, so I tried forcing the plug in, it arced between the points, not only tripped the welder plug, but the breaker for the subpanel... got lucky on that one
    Yea, I am 7'2... No, I do not play basketball!

Thought of another

Originally Posted by MintSScout
    If you have a working fire hydrant in your front yard.
    If you've ever built your own wrench to quickly acess the working fire hydrant in your yard...

and
    Never being able to pass through a metal detector
    when I had my court in december up in greeley i set off every metal detector I walked through... same thing with my dad
    Yea, I am 7'2... No, I do not play basketball!

YMBAWI You bend a welding rod in half and put it in a hasp instead of a padlock

YMBAWI If you come across a door with a hasp and a bent welding rod in it, and respect that its “locked” and you do not open it.
    Miller 301 G w/suitcase feeder
    Millermatic 251
    Miller spoolmatic 30

Lincoln Ranger8+Diesel, Lincoln SAE 400 amp
    Lincoln SP-125, Lincoln SW 175, Lincoln Pro Cut 55

Smith O/A, Edwards 75 ton ironworker,
    Grob Brothers Band saw, Hougen magnetic drill

Talking you might be a welder if

Theses are all true as I am guilty of all of them, enjoy

if while welding, the welding inspector sliped away, you sliped a hot dog on your 7018 to heat it up while burning your rod only to find him standing behind you when you lifted your hood

you ate your dogs chicken jerkey because he ate your lunch.

if you put a trailer axle and tires and tongue on your just finished moment frame to get it to the job site.

you might be a welder you think multi process means,
    using 2 12volt batteries to weld a broken axle while off roading.

using your air arc as an emergency flashlight

using your favorite cd as a welding lens because you left your hood at the shop.

you had to use your jenn-air as a rod oven

if you weld 2 rods end to end to make a weld because your to lazy to get a ladder

or my favorite ( you should have seen the look on my wifes face)
    you go the the candle shop to get your rod waxed. and you tell her it had to do with underwater welding.
    www.cvweld.com
    SA-250
    Vantage 400
    Millers 251'S
    Dodge Rig Trucks/ Usual shop equip.

Unhappy

You know you are definitely a welder if you can some how notice a rusty old 1997 Ford F250 driving in the opposite direction because it has a brand new Miller "Fire Storm 5000" on the back BUT you can't seem to notice the brand new Dodge dually 1 ton driven by some young punk (with hat on backwards) and carrying only a magnetic sign that says "Don's Chair Repair" that has stopped for a red light 20 feet in front of you!

Default ymbawi

Quote Originally Posted by gym2 View Post
    You know you are definitely a welder if you can some how notice a rusty old 1997 Ford F250 driving in the opposite direction because it has a brand new Miller "Fire Storm 5000" on the back BUT you can't seem to notice the brand new Dodge dually 1 ton driven by some young punk (with hat on backwards) and carrying only a magnetic sign that says "Don's Chair Repair" that has stopped for a red light 20 feet in front of you!
    Must not have ended good

Ok, I hate to even admit to this one, but here it goes....

YMBAWI....you are at the mall with your friend and his wife. The three of you are walking by a section of the common area that is being remodeled. Your friend comments to his wife about the clothing on display at the Victorias Secret store. All the while you are paying attention the the propane conversion kit and running gear on the Trailblazer that the contractors have chained to a structural beam by the walk way. Sad, but true.....SSS

Red face

I just got a LARGE tv and while watching a guy strike an an arc I quickly held up my hand to block the flash!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattbrissey View Post
    Must not have ended good
    You are right! There were no injuries except for the bumper of my wife's mini-van, the dust layer on the hitch of the Dodge, and finally the drivers licence of the young proprietor of "Don's Chair Repair" who must not have been able to wait till he got to the bar before for enjoying his version of "Miller Time" - DWI for him!

You coat your old coat hangers with borax and call them 6010.4/9th