Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast

This could set some kind of record for longest running post. seems everyone enjoys it.

Red face The Other Guy MBAWI

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTIG View Post
    YMBAWI:

You say to your helper, " go grab me some hot rods" and your helper comes back with pepperoni sticks.
    You know the other guy MBAWI: you ask the clerk at the 7-11 for some pepperoni sticks aka "hot rods" and he gives you a handful of 7018s fresh from the hot-dog warming unit!

In fairness to the clerk he knew YMBAW because your shirt looked like it took multiple hits from a 12ga at 20 yds.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron man View Post
    This could set some kind of record for longest running post. seems everyone enjoys it.
    Hmm....maybe Miller will send me a t-shirt or something for starting it

YMBAWI...You find a jacket on the discount rack at Wilson's leather and think to yourself, stylish welding leathers?? (yes, I thought it and even worse, I bought it! but it's never seen work duty)

YMBAWI...You're familiar with logic of "once you start to feel the heat...take em off!"

YMBAWI....You think bolts are for mamma's boys

YMBAWI...you have ever wrapped more than ten feet of anything with electrical tape
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 01-12-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Cooked lunch on a half inch steel plate.
    Grabed a damp ground clamp for a cheep thrill.( Don't try this though)
    And yes you should get a "T" shirt for this!

You Might Be A Welder If: You sit in the shop all night, drink lots of energy drinks(i prefer Rockstar) and go to school/work with out any sleep, so instead you carry a sick pack of rockstars on your belt to keep you awake(yes i've done it in high school lol)

Gym2, That is an excellent description. The suedo-storeclerk welder would definately KIAW due to the shot patterns in my clothes....I wear different shirts overlapped with different holes in them so I get complete coverage from the UV rays. And the day a 7-11 clerk hands me some 7018 from the dog warmer, I'll write an autobiography and give free copies to welders.

YMBAWI: You wear three different shirts just to cover your skin to avoid RAY burns on hot summer days.

Good to see Calgary on the site

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTIG View Post
    Gym2, That is an excellent description. The suedo-storeclerk welder would definately KIAW due to the shot patterns in my clothes....I wear different shirts overlapped with different holes in them so I get complete coverage from the UV rays. And the day a 7-11 clerk hands me some 7018 from the dog warmer, I'll write an autobiography and give free copies to welders.

YMBAWI: You wear three different shirts just to cover your skin to avoid RAY burns on hot summer days.

Good to see Calgary on the site
    10-4 JonnyTig! It's great to find fellow Calgarians on the board. As soon as you mentioned "Hot Rods" I knew without looking that you were a fellow Albertan. Aside from welding, Hot Rods are my one big addiction.

Pretty much every morning I find myself in line at my local 7-11 intending to buy ONLY a coffee. But because I am usually stuck behind some non-welding types who are trying to convince the poor clerk that the 5 gallon "Super Big Gulp" pail they bought 2 years ago did include unlimited refills...I have plenty of time to contemplate the "Hot Rod" display.

The thought sequence is as follows: "Boy those things are a rip-off for what this outfit wants for them; way too much salt probably really bad for the blood pressure; wonder what sort of meat by-products go into those things; and so on and so on. Now the voice sequence at the counter: "Give me 4 of those Hot Rods and this 32oz. "Coma Buster" coffee!" (I have given up pleading with clerk that I am certain that the cup came with free re-fills when I bought it 2 years ago in Coleman Ab.)

YMBAWI: You ask someone if they are into welding, and when they say "no",
    you just feel sorry for them.

wonder what sort of meat by-products go into those things;
    that would be beeks, snout, feet, and B-holes.
    and ya left out, "i could get a hole pack of them at the G. store for what they want for just one".......... i beter get 4.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Have you ever left one in the package on your dash in the sun all day? When you open it the mystry meat and grease just slide right out of that skin tube that holds em together. Personally I go to Costco and buy the bulk pack, my addiction for MSG-stuffed-salt-tubes is way past the 7-11 stage

Cool

A guy knows that Fun4now and JonnyTig are absolutely correct about the content of those things, but the MSG must numb that understanding at the point of purchase.

About 2 months ago while waiting in line at Costco I made the wrong (for me) decision to go back and grab 2 commercial size pack of HRs and of course I couldn't just get the "normal person" size - no,no,no - I had to get the "Rowdy Man" 16 inchers!

One hour later, where I am I? Sitting at the kitchen table in front of at least 10 empty HR wrappers all the while commanding the family to speed up the grocery unloading process so I could break into my 12 pack of Chef Boyardee Mini-Ravioli.

One and a half hours later, I am on the couch with 10 further HR wrappers in front of me plus 2 empty cans of Ravioli (I just couldn't take the time to heat it up) and with the worst case of heart burn I have ever had! I hate Costco in these type of situations.

Of course, the next day I repeat the same thing and continue repeating it 'till it's all gone where upon I usually start my familiar whine "Isn't there anything to eat in this house!"