Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12525758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by racebronco View Post
    you analyze the welds on everything while shopping whith the girlfriend..
    haha, i second that

Quote Originally Posted by kandrwelding View Post
    Back when I was learning to TIG at the local college the welding instructor said every day donít throw your TIG torch over the metal you just welded there is a water line in all that for cooling purposes, He also said it never fails no matter how much he says it one idiot will do it......

My classes where late at night and my dad was always in bed before I even went to class. But one night my dad called, I panicked and threw my TIG torch over the metal I just welded and left my boot to talk to my dad when I came back I had a nice BIG puddle to clean up LOL.

After that I made it a habit to throw the TIG torch over my leg. Well as any one who has ever learned to TIG knows when youíre new you donít always let of the pedal quite all the way and some times the tungsten gets red hot!!! Well one night I threw that RED HOT tungsten over my leg and missed the gap between my legs and threw it right in my lap it burned threw my pants faster than butter, O yea I also forgot to let the pedal all the way and sent a small charge to my William!

I can laugh at it now but back then it was a sore subject to talk about. LOL

=KR=

I'da been happy if it was my leg. i wasn't thinking and hung up my torch on a pipe above my head, then I stood up... Left a perfect imprint of a #6 cup dead center on the back of my neck. i swear it burned clean through to my spine, lol

Your wife puts a magnet in the washing machine with your work clothes to trap all the steel particles so the following wash loads don't end up with rust spots.

Don't ask!! - although I will say I now have my very own washing machine.
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Talking

You yank your hood up and look at your so called "FIREWATCH" and ask do you smell something burning? "Oh S!#T its me" LOL true story.. Gotta love 6011 and 6010 rods..

you know that whip and pause, isnt a kinky bondage thing

you forget your not using an autodarkening hood and stand there like a nob, wondering why its taking so long to lighten up after every electrode.

ymbawi, youve been meaning to take that half eaten burrito outta your helmut bag for the past couple of weeks

ymbawi youlearn to put your glove on the proper hand before trying to tak somethin together, and long arc into your hand that is holding the pieces in place(about 7 hours ago) but I got a longneglected tetnis shot out of it
    Last edited by Tengsr; 11-27-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Default ymbawi

You might be a weldor if the most beautiful, curvaceous woman you have ever had on your arm is a tattoo.

YMBAWI you memorize everyone of these replies and can instantly quote them if someone asks for a certain post #. I think there are more of these than Jeff Foxworthy came up with for "You Might Be A Redneck If".
    Here's one from me, I don't recall anyone posting this one yet. YMBAWI you can pick up a partial box of rods, see what size they are and tell how many are left in it by the wieght of the box.
    After posting I looked at the # of replies,618, and the number of views, 1,689,489. One or probably both have to be a record # for only one thread on this forum. Can anyone think of one with higer numbers than this one? Also probably one of the longest running, timewise.
    Last edited by Bistineau; 08-04-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Additional Comments

all your outdoor utensils are hand made from stainless