Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    And then on the way home you discover it is actually the hair folicals in your nose (as well as every hair that you have) have the smoke inbeded deep into them instead
    10-4 Buddy,10-4
    Millermatic 252
    Millermatic 180
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart spoolmate 3035
    Digital Elite

You are a welder when you make a smart a$$ comment and when your wife slaps you in the back of the head,the slag breaks off and she discovers you do still have hair!
    Millermatic 252
    Millermatic 180
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart spoolmate 3035
    Digital Elite

YMBAW if you don't notice that you got bit by ants, until you see the puss filled bite marks that look like fire ant bites the following day...

. . . if, upon hearing that you are a welder, some non-welder proceeds to explain that most of the skill has gone out of your trade with the advent of the new equipment (wire-feed welders, electronic hoods), that his grandmother could learn to do it, and that he is planning to pick up a new 120V wire-feeder from Harbor Freight and do all his own body-work like Jesse James, build himself a trailer, make a trailer hitch for his pickup, and who needs you anymore?

Default A weldor if.......

You are a weldor if you wake up in the middle of the night thinking about that last pass you made....and it wasn't at a member of the opposite gender ( I have to use that word because if I say s*x this danged thing edits it to ***!)

You are a weldor if you bring test welds, REALLY great looking cover on tests or cut and bent coupons to your wife as presents....and,for some reason, she doesn't seem to appreciate them at all. WTF???????????????
    Last edited by dondlhmn; 10-30-2009 at 08:30 PM.
    Don J
    Reno, NV

Never pick a fight with an old guy. Old guys are too smart to fight and get hurt. They'll just kill you and get it over with.

I was just at the gym checking out all the welds on the equipment. Nice thread.

Quote Originally Posted by seattle smitty View Post
    . . . if, upon hearing that you are a welder, some non-welder proceeds to explain that most of the skill has gone out of your trade with the advent of the new equipment (wire-feed welders, electronic hoods), that his grandmother could learn to do it . . . (snip)
    Hey! My grandmother was a welder . . . tank parts in WWII.

Hah; get her over here to tell us about it!!

Grannies can surprise you. Mine was visiting from Missouri many years ago, and wandered up when I was picking through a stack of boatbuilding wood. She made some remark, so I told her what it was. Her response was, "Is it air-dried or Kiln-dried?" Surprised, I asked, "How do you know about that?" Turns out that as a young gal she had been a secretary for a little lumber camp in Arkansas during WW1.
    Last edited by seattle smitty; 11-06-2009 at 12:03 PM.

YMBAWI: your watch looks like it has brail wirting on the glass from all the splatter burns.
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

ymbawi; you have random coupons everywhere.

i cleaned my room and my car and found a good 45 coupons ranging from 1/8-1 inch thick lol