Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by racebronco View Post
    you analyze the welds on everything while shopping whith the girlfriend..
    God that's a good way to kill time when I'm doing something boring. I find myself doing it alot more since I started actually welding for my supper a little over a year ago. I was an auto mechanic for 10 yrs. before that. Now I actually enjoy going to work. At leat as much as you can I guess.

[QUOTE=MattT;4436]You might be a welder if...

You've ever set your Boss on fire I told him to move[/QUOTI shoulda done that after my last review!!!:

[QUOTE=MattT;4436]You might be a welder if...

You've ever set your Boss on fire I told him to move

Let me fix that.

That's what I shoulda done after my last review!!!!!!

Talking Ok, guys, here's one!!!

You might be a welder if...........................

You quickly log onto "www.millerwelds.com's" message board to discuss welding issues, help out a fello welder, seek welding advice or solutions and come up with a completion to the "you might be a welder" phrase!

Good game SSS, thanks for the laughs

When you are tired of tacking and just want to burn some rod.

Some one gives you a 1/4" rod and you get to crank the machine up flat out.

Quote Originally Posted by mcostello View Post
    When you are tired of tacking and just want to burn some rod.

Some one gives you a 1/4" rod and you get to crank the machine up flat out.
    That's my idea of livin it up.

On a side, got to try that at school the other day to test a welder. It had been blowing breakers as snacks so the electricians wanted to probe it for amp readings. 1/8 7018 at 120'ish and it pulled 70 amps at the breaker. Biggest rod in the parts room @ 180'ish and it pulled 102 amps at the breaker, Electricians eyes almost popped out of his head, I think that made his day too.
    By the way, doesn't that number sound a little high, welder is an old Dialarc 250 AC/DC?
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

Cool

You might be welding too long when you change tanks then the wire burns really hot and fast and it takes a while to figure out you put on a tank of Argon...

Your best sunday church clothes have spark burns and people think its the latest fad...so they ask u get them !!!

Cool

You might be a welder if:
    Your portable work bench is an empty 55 gal drum supporting a 4'x4' sheet of 3/8 steel.

You might be a welder if....

It's common to walk into to work to find broken metal objects on your workbench accompanied by an IOU for a case of beer