Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default English Wheel Plans from project Competition

I really like the bench top english wheel shown in the project competition. I was hoping the person who designed the wheel could contact me. I would like a set of measured drawings if that's possible. Contact me here or at my regular email address. nyav8r@gmail.com Thank you.

You might want to look at this place:

http://metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5792

I am in the midst of collecting the material to make my own E Wheel.

Jerry

Default English Wheel

I built one of the English Wheels from the plans shown on the following web site. http://www.roddingroundtable.com/tec.../12ewheel.html
    Upper wheel is a bearing and I turned the bottom wheel from a section of Stainless Steel. Frame is 1x3 tubing. The bottom rectangle tube is 19". The upright tube is 8", and the upper horizonal tube is 13". I have no need for the wheel, but it made a interesting project.

Was a fun project
    Mel
    Last edited by Lugnut; 09-19-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Default English Wheel Plans Comp.

I did a search of the archives and found the site you mention. I think it is just the plan for what I would need in my shop. Just another tool to add to the collection for when it is needed.

there are several sites out there that offer compleat kits with plans and the wheel and anvels, some offer a 2 sided setup with a planishing hamer on the other side. the hammer is just a mounted hand held impact hammer. the 2 realy go togather well and should be a pair, some sets make the 2 sets interchange so you can use the same frame and just change back and forth between the hamer and wheel.

here are pic's of the one i made. i have not made the english wheel yet but will be making one with tractor bearings for the wheel insted of spending the big $$ for the ones from the sites. just goot to many things going on right now but i'll get back to it soon enough ... ...... i think.

good luck on it and be shore to post up some pic's as you get it going.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

What kind of steel should the wheels be made from, something like S7 or O-1 or 1018?

Jerry