Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    Hey bob, what keeps the small spool from unwinding?
    The spring pushing aganist it. Its between the spool and the hitch pin....Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Arcs&Sparks View Post
    I found it on the Atlas Welding Accessories website. They sell direct and they supply distributors. Also found it at WeldingSupply.com for $15.55. Some distributors stock these.
    Thats fine too. But i have 4 of them with different wires and since i have a welder and a shop to make stuff i built them. But i could have just as easy ordered four and spent 80 bucks and watched more Duck Dynasty reruns ....Bob

Default Here is a picture of the Universal Spool Adapter

I found this on the Atlas Welding Assec. website but they are available from some welding distributors and other websites.

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Hi Guy's, I have a pile of 4" spool's of .023 for thin sheetmetal. I want to use them on my MM185 but can't because of the 5/8" spindle hole. I was going to rewind them on an empty big spool but don't have the time. So i thought of an adaptor, i don't have time to make one for a few days but i will throw out the idea. Use a piece of 2" black pipe the width of the big spool. Bring 2 arm's straight out with a 5/8" hole to hole the 4" spool, you can tighten the 5/8" nut for some tension on the little spool. Then you will need an arm downward like a kickstand to keep everything level for the wire to go into the drive. I have some 1/4" bolts with rubber feet i plan to use. Hey give it a shot. Sure beats buying a giant spool of .023 if you only need a little. Will post some pics in a few days...Bob
    One other thing it would be good for those small rolls of flux core if you want to try flux core welding without buying a $50 roll.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats true, when I have time I will fab some things but for the price of a hamburger and fries I purchased the adapter and started to weld when I got it back to the shop. If I had time I would carve my own duck calls. Maybe a guy could machine a stainless duck call?

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Thats fine too. But i have 4 of them with different wires and since i have a welder and a shop to make stuff i built them. But i could have just as easy ordered four and spent 80 bucks and watched more Duck Dynasty reruns ....Bob

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Arcs&Sparks View Post
    Thats true, when I have time I will fab some things but for the price of a hamburger and fries I purchased the adapter and started to weld when I got it back to the shop.
    Thats fine too. Post some pics of your welding when you get some time...Bob

Here is mine using PVC. Filed most of the Nylon out of the nyloc nut to get the tension. (easier to turn/tighten) Works with Lincoln/Miller Machines just perfect. Esab multimaster and Thermal-arc feeders also .Lines up just right on the feeder.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Universal Spool Adapter in use on S22a and Millermatic 250