Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Walker, I have not applied this finish to any art per se as of yet, I have some other small pieces out of lowcarbon, but they have a ferric oxide coating [RUST] send your email address to me via my address here and I will try to send some shots. Thanks for the comments....Paul

paul those are great...........i love the colors of stainless......sometimes i rather leave the raibow !!

dawg

Paul,
    Great pics!!! One more reason I should go out and get that Dynasty!! Thanks for sharing.....Don
    Wheat Stalker

Millermatic 210
    Dynasty 200DX
    Fisher CZ-5...CZ-3D..
    Trek 5500
    1966 Amphicar

Quote Originally Posted by paulrbrown View Post
    Thought I would let you see some of my Decorative uses of Tig. I do join materials also, but this is for my artwork. These took about 30 seconds per line of dots, and are not enhanced anyway, they actually look better in real life, colors are very irridescent, up close at 4x magnification they look really wild, will post another pic with closeup....Thanks for looking, Paul
    Just thought I would bring up some old stuff from 04 to see if it worked, hope you like....PRB
    More Spark Today Please

Looks like fish scales. Thanks for posting.

thanks Helios, hope yo noticed I used Helium with the Argon....you being Helios, and as it is 304 stainless, the color stays on as long as you do not put acid on it.....Dynasty 200 DX when I first got it in 04
    More Spark Today Please

Great work Paul, are you using the pulsar and then moving the torch along?

I would also be interested in seeing any completed works using this process that you have done, do you have a website?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbadd View Post
    Great work Paul, are you using the pulsar and then moving the torch along?

I would also be interested in seeing any completed works using this process that you have done, do you have a website?

Richard
    Yes Richard, pulsing with different rates, percentages and amps, torch attached to a vertical mill, and the table is motorized and running at different speeds too.......I have not done anymore since I did these, where are you located in W Central Fla?....hope this helps....Paul
    More Spark Today Please

Lookin' good, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrbrown View Post
    torch attached to a vertical mill, and the table is motorized and running at different speeds too
    Ha! I wondered how you got the "scales" spaced so evenly!