If so lets see 'em.
    I third that ....

I fourthen that..

Inferno Forge

Chris

Chuck U&R
    Are these projects that we can make ?
    If so lets see 'em.

they are projects other members have made for the contest or just things they made and showed off here on the board. as for if you can make them ?? many are purity basic skill levels that most hobby guys should be able to do with a little time and thought put into it. others are a bit more complicated and some of the art is just awe inspiring and not likely to be reproduced by many. but some is more basic and fun projects.
    so in short yes some are but some are a bit more advanced so it would depend on your skill level.
    the contest projects were supposed to be hobby projects that could be built in a weekend for the most part, some got a bit carried away though.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    the contest projects were supposed to be hobby projects that could be built in a weekend for the most part, some got a bit carried away though.
    Yeah, I think so.
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

I still don't know what was submitted for the contest or just submitted for the Idea Gallery.............but I have a new respect for some very fine projects. Just when you think you have thought of everything that someone would like..........someone comes up with a great project. I have and did keep within the guidelines of the contest. If you have a welder, a way to drill and cut metal, you can make my projects. Some have gone very elaborate and would not fit into the contest rules but still very nice projects. They still have incentive value. This should be fun and it is. I don't always agree with the ones picked, but I value the choices made by Admin and members choices.
    It's not so much what you made but what the people are attracted to which will bring the votes. I did not totally agree with last years winners, although nice projects, but have to respect that they won. We voted on them as members. So if we have a problem, then we first must look at ourselves for the outcome. They won and played by the rules as we all do, .....so no complaints here. I would like to be able to put project names with members names so I have a better idea when a member posts, I'll have some clue of his or her ability, and not just what they can type. Good luck to everyone that entered. Your reward for your project should not just be valued by the results of this contest, but by the amount of people that like what you have done and what you think of your efforts. Remember, it must be very difficult to pick 30 winners out of all the entries. I wouldn't want that job based on what I've seen. Again, congrats to everyone for their efforts. You have given me many ideas of future projects.
    N.Monteleone
    PS: There are some very talented people here,..........if we could just use this talent in our posts and not bicker at the drop of a hat :

I never could figure out which ones were for the contest or how to vote either. But I love the motorized can crusher Where I live small town nothing to do I could get people to pay to use that LOL

i thought the can crushers were realy cool too but here you have to turn them in hole and uncrushed so the bar code can be read. its a total bummer.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

supposedly, here also! But that's for if you put it in that machine. You have the option to have it weighed, but they still want the cans whole! Lot of people were dumping/putting stuff in the cans to make it weigh more...
    ruined it for a lot of us...Now it just takes too much room!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

we pay a $05 deposit on every can and have to bring it back to the store that sells that brand with a good bar code to get our $.05 back. its a real pain i liked it better when you could crush them all up for a month then take them back. keeping them hole takes up a lot of space.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

yeah...our state charges us .06 and gives us back .05
    but your case sounds worse...if you have a bad bar code, you're scr(#%d!
    AND take it to the same store...yeesh!
    We better get off this thread
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time