Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Projects?

Hybrid View

Default Projects?

Hello, I am new to this forum. I did a little looking around, but i didnt find what i was looking for. What i am looking for is a good site or some good plans for projects for me to do this year in my shop class. I want to stray away from a trailer, because at least 3 or 4 people every year do trailers. I would like to find something, or even a few smaller ones would be great, to do that is different, but alows me to further my skill level in welding. I am a novice MIG welder. I have a pretty good amount of resouces to use for a project. So, what i am asking is for your guys/gals help in some suggestions and if possible, the plans for them. Also, if you know of a site with some project plans on it, that would be great. And i am looking for them to be free.

Thank you very much, Drolkan/Matt
    2nd year HS Shop Student.

What I did last year in school was build a mini-chopper with one of my buddies.

Maybe build a cherry picker (engine hoist) with a telescoping arm ( I used acme thread up the middle and a handle on the end to turn it in and out). be creative and make one better then you can buy, maybe someone will want to buy it from you when your class is done ? All the plans will come from your creative thinking. Go out and look at the ones you can buy and make it better. Just a thought. I built super duty extra tall jack stands for lifted trucks when I was in school, of course that was nearly 25 years ago when there wasnt 20 variations comming out of China every year.

Yeah, i was actually think about a cherry picker. Seems like a good one and around here, a farm town, some one will more then likely buy it. The mini-chopper is out, we cant built small vehical frames.

Thanks guys, I think i will just have to go out and looky loo at some stuff and built something better, like you said Dan, and sell it for less then the store bought ones. I will post some pics when i finish them for y'all to check 'em out. Thanks again.
    2nd year HS Shop Student.